PDA

View Full Version : Windows media player

Steve M
05-22-2007, 07:28 AM
Does any one know if there is a plug-in for windows media player that will alow me to watch the obscast or is the only option to download Quick Time viewer?

Steve M
05-23-2007, 10:52 PM
My only problem with Quicktime is that I can't resize the image for most streaming videos but thankfully the Obscasts can be saved to my computer and then opened for larger viewing. For streaming video though I like the flexability of Media Player.

Brad
05-24-2007, 06:53 AM
I agree with you and was looking for a different player that could be set as default to view the Obscast videos. I did not find one based on just a quick search. Maybe someone else has an idea.

Patrad Fischroy
05-24-2007, 10:11 AM
I have to admit that this is hearsay, but it is from a generally very reliable source. I work with a bunch of video wonks so i trust them.
With that caveat, I am told that there is a conversion program that may work for you called AVI2MOV. I am told that it will work in both directions. A downside to this is that when converting to the avi formatthe file size will generally increase fairly radically. As an aside I like using winamp for viewing the files. Really just a preference based on familiarity. Anyway try that out and let us know.

Brad
05-24-2007, 11:06 AM
I have to admit that this is hearsay, but it is from a generally very reliable source. I work with a bunch of video wonks so i trust them.
With that caveat, I am told that there is a conversion program that may work for you called AVI2MOV. I am told that it will work in both directions. A downside to this is that when converting to the avi formatthe file size will generally increase fairly radically. As an aside I like using winamp for viewing the files. Really just a preference based on familiarity. Anyway try that out and let us know.
Yes, AVI files are quite large. They can be reduced to be VERY small by using a free program from www.virtualdub.org - it works great. Use the DivX output format. I took 900 MB AVI files down to 30 MB DivX files.

Mike D
05-25-2007, 09:10 AM
I think we may be getting too complex; WSR doesn't need a video conversion program, merely a different plug-in. If you go into your Windows Media Player settings, I believe you can choose to make it your default plug-in. If not there, look in your browser's settings (Tools >> Internet Options for I.E.). If you don't have any luck, you can simply download the ObsCast and view it in any program you wish (as you already pointed out).