PDA

View Full Version : TS Barry

Steve M
06-02-2007, 09:49 AM
I'm sitting here this morning looking out at a sight I haven't seen now for over a month, and even at that it wasn't much when I saw it. It's rain...The south has been in a drought for quite some time. Wildfires have been burning for over a month in S. GA. and N. FL. with 10's of thousands of acres burned and people having to leave their homes. The rain from TS Barry began here in Monticello, Fl began late last night and it has been raining ever since. We have about an inch and a half in the rain gauge and it's supposed to rain into this evening before tapering off. Portions farther east, where the fires are burning, will get more rain than us and hopefully put an end to the fires. Hopefully this is the end of the drought in the south but one can never tell, we will have to wait and see. The storm should be up in the New England area sometime late monday to give y'all your share of the rain.

Joey Keyz
06-03-2007, 08:17 AM
The storm should be up in the New England area sometime late monday to give y'all your share of the rain.
It's here now Steve. The Weather Channel says until Wednesday.

You hold on tight my friend! :eek: