PDA

View Full Version : East Snowfields

Bill O
06-06-2007, 05:59 AM
Looks like the east snowfields went quick this year. After a two week vacation I see there is nothing left up there, yet still a decent chunk of snow in Tucks. The past few years the east fields lasted easily into June despite relatively low snowfalls. I guess it was a perfectly laid ice storm in the fall that kept anything from sticking on the east fields this year.

alit1
06-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Looks like the east snowfields went quick this year. After a two week vacation I see there is nothing left up there, yet still a decent chunk of snow in Tucks. The past few years the east fields lasted easily into June despite relatively low snowfalls. I guess it was a perfectly laid ice storm in the fall that kept anything from sticking on the east fields this year.

How about the West snowfield? I saw a picture of it, and it looked huge compared to what was left on the East side.. I missed hitting it the last time I was up there Memorial Day (Airplane and Turkey Chute skied well).. tucks looks almost melted out from today's cam image..
I saw on the Auto Road blog that Airplane is shot.. is there anything left at all - Great Gulf? Westside? Pipeline?

Bill O
06-06-2007, 04:47 PM
I haven't seen the west side the past few days. That area filled in deep during the big April storm.