PDA

View Full Version : Views from Jackson and Pierce 6-7-07

lwa11
06-07-2007, 11:52 PM
A long trip alone. Hey isn't that a song?

Pictures from the hike.

I think I might be able to handle Washington after this long day.

http://whatsnew.fotki.com/lwa11/

Also a new deer video at fotki as well. And a couple of the moose on tucks trail.

Joey Keyz
06-08-2007, 12:20 AM
Nice Lloyd......

I like the deer video.
She's just crossing the road like, "Hey, look at me"!

lwa11
06-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Thanks Joey.

That deer was not far from my house in Portland. Just was driving a little used road and it just popped right out. Kind of fun.

Yesterday on my way home from the hike it was gettign dark. I was on rte 113 near Steep Falls. I come around a corner doing the speed limit of 55 mh. I am alert as there can be deer on this road and that would be a horrible way to end the day if one was around a corner. So this truck floors it and is now in the road before which would have been fine if his tailgate didn't open. The lawn mower in back comes flying out and I was lucky enough to stop just short of it without swerving into the other lane where a mini van was approaching. Crazy!!! I think my heart is still racing. What does a lawn mower do to your vehichle at 55 mph?

I am glad I can't tell you.

Steve M
06-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Lloyd, all these wonderful photos of all these hiking trips you get to go on are really making me jealous!! You have a great collection of awesome shots! Keep it up for us poor souls who can only be there once a year.:)

lwa11
06-08-2007, 10:54 PM
I will certainly try...my camera is not working right now. It may have gotten a little wet yesterday. So cross your fingers for me.

I am not sure it is covered for that. And if it is toast then I am pretty much SOL for awhile.

It is a blast to go back and look at the shots. I have seen so very much because of my gps and camera. They help me get out and deal with ym anxiety.

Anyway just cross your fingers.

You have to get to that playground more than once a year. If I can do it then anyone can do it. I think. lol

Have you checked out the trip reports I am trying to make? Can see them here.. http://begin.lloydsjourney.com/theplacesreviewed

Let me know what you think.

Steve M
06-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Trip reports are nice. I appreciate the suggestion on the Pierce, Jackson route. I may take the family on that trip as a warm-up for STP.

lwa11
06-08-2007, 11:40 PM
I don't think it would be a bad trip at all going the other way. The steepest parts at that point are going down. Then it is just a matter of being careful.

Going up Webster-Jackson just really wasn't fun and took more energy than I would have liked to expend on the first part of the day.

Live, learn, and pass it on. I figure someone may find it useful to see some of the places I have been and maybe get to enjoy them too.

I simply can't believe how many stunningly beautiful places there are to see.

Steve M
06-09-2007, 08:44 AM
I simply can't believe how many stunningly beautiful places there are to see.
I know what you mean. It's like having a little piece of Alaska or Canada in your own back yard!....jealous, jealous...so jealous...:D