View Full Version : Should we brave the weather this weekend?
08-31-2006, 06:56 PM
We are thinking of flying up from Philadelphia to see Mt. Washington/North Conway this weekend (9/2)?...but the weather isn't going to be all that cooperative (not sure if it ever is). We wanted to check out the Kancamangus Highway and some of the covered brigdes as well as visit the Mt. Washington Observatory. We'd like to hike a bit and take photographs. This may be our last chance this year. Should we wait until next or try to brave the weather? Your thoughts are appreciated...
09-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Ernesto's track has peaked my interest, and I agree with the observer comments that most of rain will track west initially.
My bet is no rain until midday sunday, but I'm no expert...
I'd just follow the summits forecast here:
09-02-2006, 07:15 AM
I trust you drove up early Saturday morning and hiked or drove to the summit. That is your window of opportunity. We'd like to read what you saw and how you felt in these forums.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.