PDA

View Full Version : The New Guy Named Charlie.

kingoftha40oz
07-02-2007, 06:08 PM
hi everyone the names charlie im from fallriver, MA. im 21 years old and in the military as a mechanic. i have climbed mt.washington twice in my life. was going to go again last weekend but im more of a fair weather climber after seeing some guy break his leg a few years ago due to high wind speeds, winter temps, and no visibility. figure i get a few tips from some experienced climbers and info from everyone here.

Brad
07-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Welcome Charlie - there is a lot of information here. Scroll on back - plus, use the search function. You should find threads on all sorts of topics.

Joey Keyz
07-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Hi Ya Charlie
Welcome

Steve M
07-03-2007, 08:31 AM
Welcome to the club Charlie!!!!!!!!!!!!

kingoftha40oz
07-03-2007, 05:26 PM
thanks guys proud to be a member

Brad
07-03-2007, 08:24 PM
thanks guys proud to be a member
Hopefully you are a member of the Mt Washington Observatory in addition to being a member of this forum. It is a great organization to support.

kingoftha40oz
07-04-2007, 06:06 PM
to become a member does that last a year or a life time? so many diff memberships

Brad
07-04-2007, 07:03 PM
to become a member does that last a year or a life time? so many diff memberships
This one is great - you get to sign up each year.

Steve M
07-04-2007, 11:03 PM
I must say that I enjoy the membership. I like the premium content on the website as well as reading Windswept magazine. It's the MWO's quarterly publication with lots of interesting articles and info. You also get access to the summit facility for touring and learning more about the observers lives on the mountain. The yearly membership dues are very reasonable also. It helps the organization continue to offer the top notch services we all enjoy. Have you been to the membership page yet?:

http://www.mountwashington.org/about/membership/

kingoftha40oz
07-05-2007, 01:10 AM
yes i have skimmed through it to see member benefits. doesnt sound like a bad deal at all. as a member get to go to special events and tours. what i dont get is the so many different clubs. you have the summit member,6288 member,231 member, and presidents membership. what is the difference in benefits there? are they all the same

Steve M
07-05-2007, 06:49 AM
yes i have skimmed through it to see member benefits. doesnt sound like a bad deal at all. as a member get to go to special events and tours. what i dont get is the so many different clubs. you have the summit member,6288 member,231 member, and presidents membership. what is the difference in benefits there? are they all the same
The club level memberships:

Club Level Members are invited to special Observatory events held throughout the year

NEW! Beginning January 1, 2007, members at the President's Club and 6,288 Club levels will have access to our new "Director's Circle", a special panel of MWO members which will meet periodically to discuss Observatory matters.

So to sum it up, if your level of support is at "club" level, then you are invited to special obs. events. If your level of support is of the highest 2 then you are also a member of the "directors circle".

Remember, all the levels of giving are yearly and really are determined by whatever you feel comfortable with.