PDA

View Full Version : Missing link

Brad
07-02-2007, 08:59 PM
There is a link in the comments today about a rainbow picture. But, the link gives an error. What should it be?

Bill O
07-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Note, when posting to 100,000 people double check your links.

Mike D
07-03-2007, 11:09 AM
It works for me right now. Was it fixed since then?

Bill O
07-03-2007, 02:26 PM
It works right now and the link looks exactly the same as it did last night. Maybe the photo wasn't there or maybe the link had an error.

More importantly, what's that backhoe doing in the lower parking lot? Did somebody say swimming pool?

Steve M
07-03-2007, 03:47 PM
It works right now and the link looks exactly the same as it did last night. Maybe the photo wasn't there or maybe the link had an error.

More importantly, what's that backhoe doing in the lower parking lot? Did somebody say swimming pool?
Hmmm...a swimming pool on the rockpile...Do you think there would be a problem with frost? Ooh, I know, a pool in the summer...ice skating in the winter!:D

Bill O
07-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Hmmm...a swimming pool on the rockpile...Do you think there would be a problem with frost? Ooh, I know, a pool in the summer...ice skating in the winter!:D

According to my global warming calculations frost wont be a problem by next winter.

Steve M
07-03-2007, 08:07 PM
LOL... Don't you mean GLOBAL COOLING????:eek:

Bill O
07-03-2007, 08:21 PM
LOL... Don't you mean GLOBAL COOLING????:eek:

You won't be laughing when your house is under 700 feet of ocean due to rising sea levels.

I will be though. Floating around my summit pool, basking in the warm, tropical winter sun.

Brad
07-03-2007, 08:30 PM
I am sure the skating conditions could be better than this day ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWy-ZOmEx1Y

Steve M
07-03-2007, 09:10 PM
I am sure the skating conditions could be better than this day ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWy-ZOmEx1Y
That's awesome, is there a story behind that video??

Bill O
07-03-2007, 09:56 PM
That's awesome, is there a story behind that video??

That's a recently departed observer who loved to ice skate. I'm not sure if it was luck or he scouted it out, but there was an early season ice storm that turned one of the summit parking lots into an ice rink. Good for skating, bad for keeping snow on the summit.

KD Talbot
07-03-2007, 10:08 PM
I wish I had been there for that. That red headed observer and I talked about making a goal of playing hockey on all the glacial tarns above 4000' in the White Mountains. I hope we get to do it someday.

Last November when I was there for my volunteer week I hiked down to Lakes of the Clouds. The ice was thick and smooth as glass. I was so bummed out I didn't have my skates.

KDT

Steve M
07-04-2007, 09:39 AM
That's a recently departed observer who loved to ice skate. I'm not sure if it was luck or he scouted it out, but there was an early season ice storm that turned one of the summit parking lots into an ice rink. Good for skating, bad for keeping snow on the summit.
Are you referring to Neil??