PDA

View Full Version : Amoonsuc Trail Length?

kingoftha40oz
07-03-2007, 05:36 PM
i might have spelled it wrong but i ws wondering the length of the trail from the parking lot to the top of washington in miles? its the trail that starts at cog rail base camp. also if ya can the distance from the parking lot to the waterfall/gem pool thanks guys

Bill O
07-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Close, but you left out a syllable.

You actually have to start a little down the road from the Cog Base. There is Forest Service parking for hikers. The Cog lot is for train riders.

Gem Pool, 2.1 miles, 950 vertical feet
Lakes of the Clouds, 3.1 miles, 2,500 vertical feet
Mount Washington, 4.5 miles, 3,800 vertical feet

Distance and vertical is cumulative. Once you get to Lakes of the Clouds you actually take the Crawford Path to the summit.

Steve M
07-03-2007, 08:06 PM
This is a great trail to take to the summit especially if you like waterfalls. It is also below tree line for most of the trail. Great views once you get above Gem pool.

kaseri
07-03-2007, 09:25 PM
The Ammo trail is my favorite!

kingoftha40oz
07-04-2007, 06:38 PM
thanks for the info! also you can hit the trail from the cog railroad theres a path that leads to the trail to cut some time off the hike. i think it was a little past the shed if i remember. right side of the train station building.

Bill O
07-04-2007, 10:50 PM
thanks for the info! also you can hit the trail from the cog railroad theres a path that leads to the trail to cut some time off the hike. i think it was a little past the shed if i remember. right side of the train station building.

Of course, might take 15 minutes off the one way time if you start at the cog base.

kingoftha40oz
07-05-2007, 01:40 AM
i usually start there since i like to grab some slim jims in the shop they have. i tryed going on the cog railroads website to see when that shop opens. its called marshfield station i believe.