PDA

View Full Version : Where we staying?

Donotgogentle
07-13-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm camping at Moose Brook anyone else staying there or are you staying in one of the huts etc.

kaseri
07-13-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm actually staying at Joe Dodge Lodge for the evening of the 27th anyone else staying there?

BlueDog
07-13-2007, 04:06 PM
I'll be staying at Moose Brook as well! Along with a friend that I talked into joining the hike.

Donotgogentle
07-13-2007, 04:20 PM
We booked sites 41,42,43 at moose brook we'll be there fri and sat night. Feel free to stop in and say hi.

BlueDog
07-15-2007, 07:20 PM
We booked sites 41,42,43 at moose brook we'll be there fri and sat night. Feel free to stop in and say hi.

I believe we're in tent site 15. I'm Erich. If we don't see you at the campground you'll be able to pick me out on the trail by my adventure partner...

http://radar.net/store/hs/G/8/0/i/WY/kF/TjJm_nj0bl_GLjdMqckWYU-aauoyJDSXjhI_129789.jpg

rockin rex
07-20-2007, 08:38 AM
My family has decided to take the week after Seek The peak for vacation. We have been able to get a condo in Lincoln but it is a big drive to make on Sat. night, after the hike, from the auto road to Lincoln. Just curious if anyone is staying at Dolly Cobb and might have extra space for a tent on their site. It will be just my 14 year old son and me and we will have a small 2man tent. We would be willing to split cost for the site. If I don't have to make the drive on Sat. night to Lincoln it would make things much easier. I would much prefer to drive the Kanc in daylight rather than at night.

Steve M
07-21-2007, 07:30 AM
My family and I will Be staying at Glenn Ellis Family Campground which is right at the Rt. 16-302 Junction in Glenn. We will be there from the 25th to the 3rd.

Brad
07-21-2007, 08:31 AM
Where am I staying? I will drive from NC (work) to Maine and stay with my wife!

Bill O
07-21-2007, 11:35 AM
We're staying at an Inn in Jackson. We kind of missed the boat on getting reservations at Dolly Copp. For the same price as Pinkham Notch we get a private bathroom and tv, and much more peace and quiet. Still within easy reach of Pinkham and North Conway too.

BlueDog
07-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Just curious if anyone is staying at Dolly Cobb and might have extra space for a tent on their site. It will be just my 14 year old son and me and we will have a small 2man tent. We would be willing to split cost for the site. If I don't have to make the drive on Sat. night to Lincoln it would make things much easier. I would much prefer to drive the Kanc in daylight rather than at night.

Hey Rex, I'm staying at Moosebrook. A friend is coming along and he has a solo and I have a small two man. I don't know how strict the park is on their rules, only two tent and four adult per site, but we might have room. I've never been to this area so I don't know how big the sites are.

KD Talbot
07-24-2007, 07:26 PM
All right, BlueDog and Donotgogentle, the Talbots will also be at Moosebrook, one of our favorite places to camp. I don't know if you're familiar with MB, so I'll give you the layout. When you drive up Jimtown Road on your right you will see a small pond. At the far end of the pond there is a cabin. That's where you register. The entrance to the campsites is actually across the street from this. Once you're in there it is easy to find the sites. There are flush toilets and showers, not luxurious, but they'll seem that way in a campground.

Now, we'll be camped across the street beyond the pond. They let people camp in the picnic area for overflow. It's actually much quieter over there. The pond you see from the road is very shallow, they call it the "Warming Pond", but that's bull. The idea is the shallow pond warms the water before it flows into the deeper swimming pond below. This is an excellent swimming pond, don't miss it. Are you going down to North Conway to Horsefeathers to register Friday night? We're doing this so we can get an earlier than 8AM start in the morning.

Anyone else going to be there? Rex, you can pitch a tent on our site Saturday night if you can't find better arrangements.

KDT

Donotgogentle
07-25-2007, 11:27 AM
my wife and I will be at horsefeathers. i'm kinda easy to spot with my shaved head and my wife is only 4 11 so you'll probably notice us there. I'm Brian by the way.

Donotgogentle
07-25-2007, 11:30 AM
Oh yeah Rex I'll probably have room for another tent on one of our sites and you'd be welcome to stay. Either split the cost or bring food/beer but i'm sure there will be alot of that.

rockin rex
07-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Plans have changed a bit for me and it will now be just myself and my son Baxter (who now is registered). Instead of just Sat. night we will also be looking for a spot if possible for Fri. and Sun. night as we will heading back to New Jersey on Mon. morning : ( Seems Moosebrook is where alot of folks are staying and you guys have been kind enough to offer my son and I a spot for our tent so Moosebrook will be home. Kevin how many nights are you staying at moosebrook?? Between donotgogentle and kevin it looks like I should have a spot. thanks so much!!!! One problem. Not sure where the campground is?? Kevin could you send me a P.M. with the directions. I will be coming from North Conway. Thanks again. Hiker kindness never ceases to amaze me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donotgogentle
07-25-2007, 12:52 PM
We will be there fri and sat night when we leave i'm sure you could keep the site for the extra night. My site will have only one tent, two people. My neighbors will have one tent with two people and the third site will probably have two tents with one in each.

The sites are 41,42,43. I'd bet there are other sites availible too.

getting there from pinkham is 16 north to US 2 to Jim town rd. Just Google it and you'll get it.

BlueDog
07-25-2007, 04:07 PM
for reference... here's the map of Moose Brook

https://secure.bookyoursite.com/Maps/MOOSE.gif

I'll be in spot 15 for Friday and Saturday night. I'm leaving VA tomorrow evening after work, getting as far as I can, catching some sleep somewhere, then getting up there Friday. I plan on checking in Friday night to get as much time to hike on Saturday as I can.

I have a large blue 12x12 ez-up with screened sides that we'll be putting up. If us Moose Brook folks wanna find a time to meet up, I'll offer it up as a spot. It'd be nice to meet some others and get some advice on the hike.

rockin rex
07-25-2007, 04:55 PM
donotgogentle (Brian) thanks for the offer and I will take you up on it. I will see you guys on Fri. afternoon. We have a small 2 man flashlight tent so we should fit no problem. Should be a great time. Looks like blueDog has offered his site for a Fri. night get together. Maybe we can all get together after registering at horsefeathers. K.D.Talbot is also going to be at moosebrook so there should be a good group of us hence an awesome time!!

Brad
07-25-2007, 07:50 PM
At this point I am not planning on driving from Maine over to Horsefeathers on Friday night. It is an hour drive either way. If I get registered officially or not, I will be out there - and plan to get to the event afterwards if possible. I am looking to meeting some of you folks in person.

I will be the little old man on a stretcher.

KD Talbot
07-25-2007, 10:52 PM
It might not be too late to get your own site, Rex. Try this:

For accurate, up-to-the-minute site availability information and to make a reservation, please call the central Reservations Office at 603-271-3628.

If not, between all who are staying there we will get you in.

On the map, we'll be at P-1

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

PS: To anyone coming from the south, I would suggest taking Rte 93 north through Franconia Notch, take Rte 3 North past rte 302 to Rte 115. Then take 115 to Rte 2 East to Gorham. At the bottom of a big hill turn left on Jimtown Rd to Moosebrook. Avoid driving north through North Conway on Friday Night. We can go down to Horsefeathers from the north on RTE 16. Much easier. It can take an hour to drive north through North Conway on the weekends, unless you know the way around. It's a long trip back down, so if you want to avoid this, by all means, go through NC on your way up and stop at Horsefeathers, but remember, I warned you about the traffic!

KDT

BlueDog
07-26-2007, 10:37 AM
donotgogentle (Brian) thanks for the offer and I will take you up on it. I will see you guys on Fri. afternoon. We have a small 2 man flashlight tent so we should fit no problem. Should be a great time. Looks like blueDog has offered his site for a Fri. night get together. Maybe we can all get together after registering at horsefeathers. K.D.Talbot is also going to be at moosebrook so there should be a good group of us hence an awesome time!!

I'll see if I can pick up some good local VA beer to share :)

FisherCat
07-26-2007, 04:19 PM
If places seem crowded, don't forget Hastings Campground. Its a WMNF State Campground. Its about 18-20miles from Gorham. Route 113 South out of Gilead Me, down the road about 3 miles. I stayed there once when Moose Brook was booked up.

KD Talbot
07-26-2007, 05:37 PM
I will gladly drink some Virginia beer, but shouldn't we be drinking some Tuckerman Pale Ale?

PS: Hastings is beautiful, problem is, tthe bridge on Rte. 113 is out just before you reach it. The only way you could access it would be to go down to the other end in East Conway and drive north. Long trip.

KDT

FisherCat
07-26-2007, 06:16 PM
You're right KDT, my brother told me that and I totally forgot. Thanks.
Never mind me!

KD Talbot
07-26-2007, 06:58 PM
I take back what I said about going all the way to East Conway, you could get to Rte 113 from 16/302 in Intervale by Hurricane Mtn Road.

KDT

KD Talbot
07-26-2007, 06:59 PM
I take back what I said about going all the way to East Conway, you could get there from 16/302 in Intervale by Hurricane Mtn Road. Still a long way around, though.

KDT