View Full Version : Suggestions
1. Add a clock to MWO site to show us what the "MWO time" is. Then we can make sure we stand in front of the Deck cam at the right time.
2. Change the ObsCast file name to be yyyymmdd so we can save the files and not have to insert the year manually.
3. There is a web page for current and prior projects. What things are being worked on coming up? We heard about the infrastructure upgrade - and video/polycom work. Can you give us more detail?
4. Under each premium video and zoomed image show the date it was last updated.
5. Give us a way to get that cool orange vest Jim Salge was wearing in his last ObsCast.
07-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Here is a little bit of info for you Brad, hope it helps you out a little!
1.) The Deck cam operates on Eastern Daylight Time, not obs time
2.) The file naming system for the obscast is currently being discussed
3.) The obscasts and observer comments are a good place to find out about whats new with MWO. As there tend to be numerous small projects going on at once, it is hard to constantly update the website. As you may well know, plans and projects can change dramatically within a day here at the summit (not unlike our beloved weather). Feel free to e-mail us with any specific questions you may have.
4.) Good suggestion, thanks!
5.) Unfortunately, I can't help you out with this one if you were unable to find it in the LLBean catalog. Who knows, it may still be available in the outlet stores.
Thanks for your input,
Back to you
1. No matter the time zone, we need to know the time. I know of folks who have stood out on the deck in all sorts of weather (me included) wanting the 15 minute image to have me in it. When I got back home I realized the summit time was 2 minutes or so ahead of my watch and I missed the snapping of the picture.
3. We have heard about some big projects - like the new power system - and infrastructure upgrades. These are the things we would like to know about. What is included? What are the objectives? What is the target online date? We are interested.
5. The really cool vest is the one with the LL Bean and MWO logos. We would like to support both organizations and advertise for you.
07-30-2007, 02:33 PM
The web server is not hosted at the summit or even in the internal MWO network for that matter, thus having a current time clock that's accurate enough for snapshots is a bit difficult to implement.
What I did this time was set my watch before the hike with my laptop computer - which gets its time from time.windows.com This seemed to work pretty well. I assumed that whatever computer that does the image grab and processing sets its time automatically too.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.