PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to winter.

Mildcarlilse
09-21-2006, 07:04 PM
and I must welcome all the staff at the peak of Mount Washington to the first taste of winter likes! In carlilse uk,i am watching the remnants of hurricane Gordon moving into our shores and I expect Helene to drift in the footsteps of gordon and this is not unusual for these hurricanes to bounce off the low over eastern usa but it will be a novelty for me in carlilse to feel the wind in my face borne of a true hurricane albeit a downgrade ! i am watching the early winter scenarios so i can work out if global warming is a real thing:)
i will be back likes !

Brad
09-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Keep holding winter back a bit in your back yard! Next weekend I will be in your area checking out places like Caerphilly Castle.

Mildcarlilse
10-02-2006, 06:01 PM
and i hope u enjoy your visit brad and i see that even in the uk the summery warm weather is giving up as we get a norff wind setting in for 24 hours this tuesday and we will get frosts in the glens of scotland and already the leaves are turning golden and falling off the trees and i hope we in the uk get a healthy cold winter so we can reverse this global warming that is getting everybody grossed out 24/7/365:(

Brad
10-02-2006, 07:24 PM
Thanks - the extended weather forecast is for showers, showers and showers. (Sounds like the summit of Mt Washington) Friday we do Manchester - Liverpool - Chester - outside London. For Saturday night we pop over to Swindon. Sunday we do Caerphilly - west coast of Wales - through Snowdonia National Park - and stay with friends in Gresford. Monday we head back to Manchester for the flight back.

Turn the heat up for us and set a fire in the fireplace. Cheers

400Catdriver
10-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Are you guys excited about the cold weather coming? You'll be subzero and have 100+ mph winds soon won't you?