PDA

View Full Version : Stp

KD Talbot
07-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Well, another great STP. What a nice dinner afterward. Nice to meet/see you all. Way to go Bill O for raising the most and taking home the mountain bikes! First year, too!

Trip report and pics here:

http://ghostflowers.com/white_mtns4000/boottspur72807/boottspur72807.html

KDT

freehill
07-29-2007, 10:53 PM
Thank you that was awsome!
Hope no one is as sore as I am today!!
No deep knee bends today....

KD Talbot
07-29-2007, 10:56 PM
Gee, your another I'm sorry I missed at dinner, were you there?

KDT

freehill
07-29-2007, 11:02 PM
No very Bummed I did not make the Dinner it sounded great.
Time was not on my side, after my climb I had to boggie home.
I can not wait to get back on Mt W. and even more to Raise more money for next years STP.

Brad
07-30-2007, 06:00 AM
Gee, your another I'm sorry I missed at dinner, were you there?

KDT
I was also looking for you Kevin and missed you.

Rich
07-30-2007, 07:23 AM
We had a great time at our first STP. Enjoyed our trip to the floor of the ravine and decided at that point we'd head back due to the predicted t-storms. Our one year old and 7 year old both had a good time as well.

Great meeting everyone at the wonderful dinner. Missed meeting you Brad and heard afterwords, you were right next to me, talking with everyone else!

Congrats Bill...great job! Great job to everyone....$60,000! Wow! Looking forward to next years event!

Brad
07-30-2007, 07:29 AM
We had a great time at our first STP. Enjoyed our trip to the floor of the ravine and decided at that point we'd head back due to the predicted t-storms. Our one year old and 7 year old both had a good time as well.

Great meeting everyone at the wonderful dinner. Missed meeting you Brad and heard afterwords, you were right next to me, talking with everyone else!

Congrats Bill...great job! Great job to everyone....$60,000! Wow! Looking forward to next years event!
Getting to the floor of the ravine with the kids is a good deal. Maybe the 7 year old will start to get the bug to go further next time.

Sorry to have missed you also.

Rich
07-30-2007, 07:57 AM
Getting to the floor of the ravine with the kids is a good deal. Maybe the 7 year old will start to get the bug to go further next time.

Sorry to have missed you also.

He wanted to summit...we all did. We turned around due to the forcast. Didn't want to put the kids out there and risk any t-storms.

kaseri
07-30-2007, 08:25 AM
I climbed up to Lion Head & decided that I really didn't feel like summiting. I was content just sitting on Lion Head and watching the crowds go by. After all I've hike to the summit 7 times this year! I'm starting to really enjoy just sitting above treeline and taking in all of the sights and sounds.

Steve M
07-30-2007, 08:38 AM
Well, my wife and kids made it to the summit. It was there first time hiking Mt. Washington and they had a blast. Up was enough for them and time was short to be able to make it to the after party so I took the train down and drove around and up the auto road and picked them up. It was a great day.
It was great meeting those of you we could. We enjoyed having some time to talk and hopefully will again.
Congrats Bill for the most raised.
Check out our pics at the link below:

http://public.fotki.com/wsr88d/new-hampshire/nh-trip-2007/day-four/
The pictures are in reverse order, sorry, I will try to fix it when I can.

Rich, Yes...I got away to the coffee shop again:D

Brad
07-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Well, my wife and kids made it to the summit. It was there first time hiking Mt. Washington and they had a blast. Up was enough for them and time was short to be able to make it to the after party so I took the train down and drove around and up the auto road and picked them up. It was a great day.
It was great meeting those of you we could. We enjoyed having some time to talk and hopefully will again.
Congrats Bill for the most raised.
Check out our pics at the link below:

http://public.fotki.com/wsr88d/new-hampshire/nh-trip-2007/day-four/
The pictures are in reverse order, sorry, I will try to fix it when I can.

Rich, Yes...I got away to the coffee shop again:D
Great pictures. Folks you have to go to his "Whats New" link and check out the Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc pictures. This is an excellent view of a serious White Mountains vacation!

JimS
07-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Great report and fantastic pictures Kevin! Wish I coulda been there!

I espeically liked the shot of the Saw Whet Owl...Especially after my encounters with them on wildcat the other day!

KD Talbot
07-30-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks! I was surprised by the sound the little guys made. No hoo-hootin', it sounded more like Jim Salge- Jim Salge to me.:) Could it be they flew over from the Wildcats? Not far if you can wing it!

I think this thread got hi-jacked, but no harm done, we're all sharing our pictures here. So glad to see so many new people at the event. Any organization can always use new blood. I'm glad a lot of new people climbed for the first time, and some with their families, like Steve Mauren. Nice pics Steve, nice to meet you and your family, and glad to see you're making memories they're not likely to forget!

It was great of Brad to take so many hiker shots and to set up a place for everyone to post their photos, great work Brad!

KDT

Brad
07-30-2007, 06:49 PM
It was great of Brad to take so many hiker shots and to set up a place for everyone to post their photos, great work Brad!

KDT
Kevin et al,

I just created another album for folks who want to post individual pictures they took during STP 2007 - and might now have a photo web site. To add a picture send an e-mail with the image file as an attachment to mwo+stp07various@fotki.com

Send images right from your cell phones or computer.

The album is at http://public.fotki.com/MWO/stp/stp-2007-various/

Charlie
07-30-2007, 07:25 PM
so bill congrats on wining the bikes

how much did you get