PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for STP 2008

Brad
07-30-2007, 07:32 AM
What suggestions would you have for next year? (Lowering the summit is not a possibility)

At the dinner it would be nice to have stick on name badges.

As we are hiking have pin on badges like for runners so we can have our name on the back of our pack for others to see.

kaseri
07-30-2007, 08:22 AM
The shirts that were given out in the "goodie bags" should be synthetic so we can wear them while we hike.

Donotgogentle
07-30-2007, 09:58 AM
The shirts that were given out in the "goodie bags" should be synthetic so we can wear them while we hike.

I wore mine anyway but I definatley agree.

Also the dinner was awesome but the Turkey did make me sleepy.

Bill O
07-30-2007, 02:06 PM

Considering how sweaty I got, I don't think cotton versus synthetic mattered for me. My synthetic t-shirt was so wet I could have wrung it out. It might have dried 5 minutes faster than a cotton shirt.

I agree, name tags for at least the after party would be nice.

The turkey dinner was amazing, but that line was killer. Seems like a catering company should only make that mistake once.

Bill O
07-30-2007, 08:21 PM
I just put STP8 in the calendar for next year.

We talked about adding a PayPal payment option. I think that should be looked into. I just sold a few old books on eBay and have $50 sitting in my PayPal account. To me that's like found money and sending it over to MWO is a no brainer.

Rich
07-30-2007, 08:36 PM
I just put STP8 in the calendar for next year.

We talked about adding a PayPal payment option. I think that should be looked into. I just sold a few old books on eBay and have $50 sitting in my PayPal account. To me that's like found money and sending it over to MWO is a no brainer.

I second the PayPal option. I had a few people ask if they accepted PayPal and when I said no, they didn't give. Not that they couldn't give with a credit card but, like Bill said, to people with an account, that's like found money.

Brad
07-30-2007, 09:01 PM
When giving to a nonprofit I do not like using a credit card as they lose 3%. On $60,000 that is $1,800 of lost money.

Bill O
07-30-2007, 09:08 PM
When giving to a nonprofit I do not like using a credit card as they lose 3%. On $60,000 that is $1,800 of lost money.

True, but the willingness to donate more via credit card probably offsets that amount many times over.

I'm sure the stats support the use of credit card donations. Its just so much more convenient to the donor you can't risk giving that up.

rockin rex
07-31-2007, 09:51 AM
I think a great idea would be seek the peak beer glasses. After the climb we can fill it with the 6288 stout and enjoy. What a great story behind the 6288 stout and how the observatory had so much to do with the label on the bottle. So all know if you buy the Tuckermans 6288 stout,Mount washington observatory gets a part of the proceeds.

Trekker
08-01-2007, 02:50 PM
What IS the story behind the 6288 stout?
Or do I need to go buy one to read the back of the bottle?
So sorry I missed the STP07 - sounds, from the forum, like it was quite the event. I can only get up there a couple times a year, at best, and have a hard time working it into the schedule, but I think I'm going to try harder NEXT year . . .

rockin rex
08-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Tucks brewery asked if the observatory would give them a picture for the label so they did. They then asked if the observatory would be kind enough to write alittle something for the label and they did. They then informed the observatory that they would get a percent of all proceeds from the 6288 stout. I think that is awesome. Now if only I could get tucks beer in jersey!!
It is really neat to see the tower on the label. The bottle caught alot of eyes at Seek The Peak.

BlueDog
08-01-2007, 05:26 PM
http://www.tuckermanbrewing.com/Images/6288.gif

I think the next trip up I need one of these:

http://www.tuckermanbrewing.com/comercepics/glass.jpg

Charlie
08-01-2007, 07:35 PM
that is cool do they sell it just in NH

Brad
08-01-2007, 08:18 PM
What IS the story behind the 6288 stout?
Or do I need to go buy one to read the back of the bottle?
So sorry I missed the STP07 - sounds, from the forum, like it was quite the event. I can only get up there a couple times a year, at best, and have a hard time working it into the schedule, but I think I'm going to try harder NEXT year . . .
Yes, it was quite an event - and we all have to try hard to get there in '08.

Rudabaga
08-04-2007, 04:36 AM
Overall I thought the event was fantastic. It was so well organized and I think eaually well recieved. The only thing that I can think of that I would like to see different is a vegetarian option at the after party. After that kind of climb we all need some protien to rebuild those muscles and mashed potatoes and stuffing just isn't going to cut it.

Brad
08-04-2007, 04:41 AM
Overall I thought the event was fantastic. It was so well organized and I think eaually well recieved. The only thing that I can think of that I would like to see different is a vegetarian option at the after party. After that kind of climb we all need some protien to rebuild those muscles and mashed potatoes and stuffing just isn't going to cut it.
Hi there! You are up early this morning. I am off to roam around Pilot Mt in NC for a bit this morning. have a good one.

Rudabaga
08-04-2007, 06:53 AM
Hi there! You are up early this morning. I am off to roam around Pilot Mt in NC for a bit this morning. have a good one.

More like mid-day for me. I work a 7pm-7am night shift so I tend to be awake at random and strang hours. Hope you have a great hike today. I have been planning my next attack to mt. Katahdin's Knifes edge.

Brad
08-04-2007, 02:00 PM
The hike was nice. Most of it was in the shade which was key as it is very hot in NC now. (94 right now) The top section of the trail is stone steps which is good training for Mt Washington. The elevation gain is only about 1,400 feet over the 3.5 mile route - but it is up and down on the way. I figured it might be a good training run. I loaded my pack with all sorts of camera stuff (which I did not use) and it gave me some reasonable weight. It was a nice day.

Steve M
08-15-2007, 12:45 PM
That is a good idea, the mtn. would be full of orange shirts which would also be a great advertisement for the event.

bosco41
08-22-2007, 01:53 PM

I totally agree with the concept of a synthetic shirt there so many out there to choose from. Also if we could get Nike as a sponsor and some other green companies to participate. If the tuckerman brewing Co. could sponsor us also that would be great. Sorry I'm really stuck on that stout beer that they had and I truly miss. :eek:

bosco41
08-22-2007, 02:00 PM
I think when we put the goodie bags together they need to make sure that there is not duplicated product in each. I have a lifetime supply of sunblock if anyone needs some. Plus a size 14 sandal that you can use as a kayak paddle:D I also think it's important that the representatives show up for the dinner I know this year LL Bean wasn't really present and Subaru wasn't either. 2006 when it rained we had it at wildcat I admit the turkey dinner was awesome but the atmosphere indoors I felt was better. That's just my two cents.

Is there any way we can get the sponsors sheet available sooner or the website for 2008 up and running. I know I've been collecting money already for 2008 it would be nice to be able to post it earlier and also have a sponsors sheet to show people that you truly are collecting for the mountain I think that's about all I have John