PDA

View Full Version : Tuckermans Ravine Stout beer

bosco41
08-03-2007, 01:19 PM
I was wondering if anybody got a chance to taste this beer I found it to be one of the best beers I had in a long time. Especially after a great climb up the ravine. It was smooth with a nutty flavor I would rate it a 9 out of the scale of one to 10. If you had the chance to drink it maybe we all could rate it. Does anyone know where to purchase it again or was it just for seek the peak.

JimS
08-03-2007, 01:47 PM
I tried an early run of it, and it is a fantastic stout for sure. I as well would give it a 9 out of 10, Not everyone likes stouts, but if you enjoy em, this is well worth the try...and as you mentioned, some of the proceeds got to the mount washington observatory.

It is a full production beer...info found here:
http://www.tuckermanbrewing.com/thebrews.htm

Buying it outside of NH is a challenge though...stock up while you are here!
http://www.tuckermanbrewing.com/dealers.cfm

And as always...drink responsibly!

BlueDog
08-03-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm not usually a stout drinker, but had this with the dinner and found it quite good.

I'll be making a trip up next week to stock up. Is driving 12 hours from VA for a beer run excessive? :)

Donotgogentle
08-03-2007, 05:01 PM
It not excessive. If you're an alcoholic! lol

Charlie
08-03-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm not usually a stout drinker, but had this with the dinner and found it quite good.

I'll be making a trip up next week to stock up. Is driving 12 hours from VA for a beer run excessive? :)

but then you get to stop by mt Washington again :D

thats a good reason to stop by for a hike

Steve M
08-08-2007, 08:25 PM
I haven't tried Tuckermans Stout because stouts are usually stronger than I like but I have had the beers made at Woodstock Inn in Woodstock and they are really good. I always start off with the sampler which is 4- 5oz. glasses of your choice, that way I can enjoy a little of each. My favorite though is Pigs Ear Brown Ale.

Patrad Fischroy
08-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Very intriguing, stouts are a favorite of mine. Does anyone know what type of stout this might be considered? Milk, Cream, Irish, or Imperial, or none of the above? I will have to look for it the next time I am in the area.

bosco41
08-31-2007, 11:40 AM
Favor if anyone is going up to NH and pick me up a case I would love that. I live in RI I would be glad to pay for it .. withdraw is hard:eek:

MelNino
12-24-2007, 01:27 PM
I had it last year, and I loved. I know ya can't find it in CT....but it doesn't stop me from trying.