View Full Version : nice day up top today

Charlie
09-02-2007, 04:00 PM
you can tell because of the amount of people on the deck today

take a look
http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2007/deck_archive/

Brad
09-02-2007, 04:21 PM
The mountains are crystal clear from here - no haze. What a nice day to be up top.

Gorque
09-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Looks a tad bit better than yesterday when I started heading back down.

http://images27.fotki.com/v990/photos/1/1002902/5339676/20070901_145416_conditions-vi.jpg

bclark
09-02-2007, 04:58 PM
It certainly has been a really nice day on the Rockpile. As has already been mentioned, it has been incredibly busy though. 6 tours today getting ready to give our 7th as soon as I finish this post.

Visibility has been around 100 miles. I can spot Mt. Coburn in Canada off to the northeast, but it is just barely visible.

Plenty of sunshine, very little haze, and temperatures in the upper 40's is a perfect late summer day for me! Give me some corn snow in the east snowfields and I'd really be in heaven! :p

Charlie
09-02-2007, 05:54 PM
nice to have some one posting from up top thanks brian

Breeze
09-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Brian , those of us at the bottom of the Road did our level best to send up steady traffic. Got ahead of us for a lot of the afternoon, but it certainly was a plu-perfect bluebird day.

Many thanks to the folks up top, you are all fabulous.

Breeze

Magpie
09-03-2007, 06:28 AM
Nice !
:)

Charlie
09-03-2007, 09:18 AM
looks like it's going to be another nice day up top again .
get ready for the people:eek:

bclark
09-03-2007, 11:02 AM
nice to have some one posting from up top thanks brian

You're welcome hawk! Always glad to give a perspective on things from up here.

Brian , those of us at the bottom of the Road did our level best to send up steady traffic. Got ahead of us for a lot of the afternoon, but it certainly was a plu-perfect bluebird day.

Many thanks to the folks up top, you are all fabulous.

Well you certainly did a good job of sending people up here. It was quite possibly the busiest I have seen it up here all summer!

And thanks you Breeze, it's always good to know that we are appreciated! :)

looks like it's going to be another nice day up top again .
get ready for the people

It's not as nice as yesterday, but it's not too shabby. We have a big cap cloud sitting a few hundred feet over top of us (which you can see from the webcams). This, and the increased amount of haze in the air is keeping us from having the 100+ mile views we had yesterday.

I'm sure there will still be lots of people up here today, but I not as many as yesterday I'm sure.

Steve M
09-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Brian,

I also want to thank you for being a regular contributor to the forums. It's good to know someone from the top is actively involved and our questions will be answered.
I'll bet preparations are under way for your long winters nap on the summit. If you have the time, maybe you could highlight some of those preparations for us.

Let me see...is that nap...or Knapp...:D

Breeze
09-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Brian, from our perspective at the Toll House, it was a heavy traffic day. You can tell Ryan K that the wait on Rt 16, from the south, was actually about an hour long for a good part Sunday afternoon, cars were backed up farther than we could see, well past the end of the gravel lot.

It tough to crunch the numbers absolutely, but yes, quite possibly the busiest of this season. Don't blink, we still have Foliage/Fair Week/Columbus Day ahead of us.

Breeze

Brad
09-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Fryeburg Fair week is a big deal around here. My wife loves to go. I head to NC tomorrow morning - but will be back north for Columbus day weekend.

Another nice campfire this evening. It is hard to think of a more relaxing thing to do. Listen to the loons on the lake - and watch the fire.

Steve M
09-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Another nice campfire this evening. It is hard to think of a more relaxing thing to do. Listen to the loons on the lake - and watch the fire.
Livin the good life...Our cookout was great, had a bunch of family and friends over and grilled chichen, sausage, and hot dogs. No campfire though.

Charlie
09-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Fryeburg Fair week is a big deal around here. My wife loves to go. I head to NC tomorrow morning - but will be back north for Columbus day weekend.

i know all about the camp fire ,i had to light a candle and crumble up paper so i can get the full affect of watching your fire:D :D