PDA

View Full Version : Casio Exilim EX-Z750: worth buying?

certagemmy
10-02-2006, 07:56 PM
I'm afraid of purchasing a digital camera that would peform badly, so I actually had difficult time looking for a suitable one.
It's not the matter of price, it's usability that matters. And camera should be reliable, my all means.
Now that EX-Z850 is out, it's possible to get a refurbished 7-mexapixel "outdated" EX-Z750.
So, are there any happy owners here?
If yes, would you mind answering a couple of questions:
1. Are YOU satisfied with you choice?
2. Has it delivered the way Casio promised?
3. Are you looking for a new camera? If yes, then why?
eBay has plenty of offers in EU zone (means less shipping charges and taxes), but I never owned a digital camera feel a bit nervous about purchasing online.
gift certificates (http://gift-certificates.blogspot.com)
Thanks for answering! I will take time to thank everyone privately for contributing posts.

Brad
10-02-2006, 10:01 PM
A part of the answer is - it depends on how you want to use the camera. This appears to be small and light weight. It has a lot of features for a point and shoot camera. Many of them you will probably never use. Instead you will transfer the files to your computer and process the images there. No sense wasting time trying to figure out camera features when trying to take a picture. Deal with it later.

The owners' manual says it can take 325 pictures on a fully charged battery - at 73 degrees. If you intend to use it when hiking in the winter, have plenty of spare batteries. The cold will sap those batteries fast. I can get 1,500+ pictures on a battery charge - but when in Tuckerman's in the winter I take 6 batteries with me - just in case.

They do not say how big an SD memory card can go in the camera. I saw a 1GB card listed on a site as a valid accessory. At the best picture quality setting you can get 55 pictures on a 256MB card. So, the 1GB card can only handle 220 pictures. If you intend on taking a lot of pictures at a time and do not want to fumble changing memory cards, see if the camera can handle a 2GB or 4GB card. I normally run with a 2GB card and a couple of spare 1GBs.

Another thing to check with someone who has used the camera - or test drive on in a camera store - is the time delay from the time you press the button to when the picture is taken. The manual lists the delay time and it seems short - but it is a delay. If you want to take a picture of the kids jumping off the dock into water, you do not want any delay. The continuous shooting capability runs at 0.9 seconds between pictures - not bad - not great either. This does give you a better chance of getting kid in mid-air.

nevis_highwire
10-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Brad, that was a very thoughtful response. But I am afraid that's not quite what he was looking for. His message is a form of spam, message board spam. The broken english, should have been the first clue. The fake advertising blog should have been another.