PDA

View Full Version : Administrative changes

Mike D
10-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Hi folks, I would like to ask for your honest input. We launched these forums last spring as a way to build an online community for our members. With the passage of time, we have seen which forums are of interest to people and which ones are not. Below is a list of forums we believe should be removed. Please share your opinion with us. Your input will help us build a better site.

MWO News & Announcements
Research
White Mountain History & Lore
Mountain Climbing
Tuckerman Ravine
Geology
F.O.G.

Brad
10-04-2006, 09:06 PM
I am not sure why any of them would be removed. If they do not get much activity, does it matter? I would expect the Tuckermans one to be active in the winter with the skiers. That is not a summer topic.

As folks find the forums there will be more posting and activity. i would rather see focusing on getting people to be aware of the forums more. If one were to be deleted it would be Mountain Climbing as it is somewhat duplicate with the Hiking one.

nevis_highwire
10-05-2006, 07:57 PM
I am not sure why any of them would be removed. If they do not get much activity, does it matter? I would expect the Tuckermans one to be active in the winter with the skiers. That is not a summer topic.

As folks find the forums there will be more posting and activity. i would rather see focusing on getting people to be aware of the forums more. If one were to be deleted it would be Mountain Climbing as it is somewhat duplicate with the Hiking one.

They don't get any use because they are bad/redundant topics. When I go to a restaurant I go to the busy ones, not the empty ones. Nobody likes to come to browse these forums if they are perceived to be dead.

The fact that this same thread is in two different places just underscores the problems here.

MtnMagic
10-06-2006, 05:14 AM
Give it some more time.
:)