PDA

View Full Version : digital camera

dixiemax
10-04-2007, 12:50 PM
hi....

can anyone recommend a good digital camera (perhaps canon?)
that uses regular batteries.....not rechargeable?

thanks,
charlene

Bill O
10-04-2007, 01:41 PM
I can, but they all use rechargeable batteries.

I highly recommend Cannon. What kind are you look for? A point and shoot or a digital SLR?

FisherCat
10-04-2007, 01:59 PM
I recently purchased a Fuji Finepix S700. Though I am a big fan of Nikon sometimes their models take way too long to recharge after using a flash. I'm very pleased thus far with the Fuji. Its size for hiking is great too.

Brad
10-04-2007, 03:59 PM
What I have been hearing is

- keep the camera small (Canon has several)
- use AA batteries (then you can use rechargable batteries and have regular spares)
- have a fast recycle time between flash pictures
- take the picture quickly after pressing the shutter button

My wife has a Canon SD 810 IS and loves it. It meets the above except for the AA batteries - and it has a wide angle lens built in. It looks like Canon has a new version called the IXY Digital 810 IS. This type of camera is nice and small.

WEMT
10-07-2007, 11:57 PM
I'm quite fond of my Olympus SP510UZ, but if I were to buy now, I'd jump on the Olympus 550 SP.

10/12x Optical zoom, and wonderful macro (close-up) capability as well as image stabilization and uses 4 AA's

BTW, the Energizer e2 LITHIUM batteries really seem to last longer than anything else

I'll admit that for real macro images, I still lug around my full sized Nikon SLR, but that's a discussion for a different thread :)