PDA

View Full Version : Mount Diberville (Torngats) weather info

jfgauthier
10-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Hi, we are four man from Quebec who want to do something on Mt D'Iberville, the higest peak in Quebec. Does anyone have any information about weather over there??
If you have any infos on route, or any other subject, it will be great!

Thank you and sorry for my english quality...

JF

Brad
10-07-2007, 05:17 PM
JF, welcome to the forum and hopefully someone will have some information to help you.

Mike D
10-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Wikipedia says D'Iberville has extremely unpredictable weather and was first ascended in 1973. It's not too far from the Arctic circle. I'm not sure if anyone on this forum has experience in the Torngats range, but I suggest being very cautious and bringing the right knowledge and equipment.

Bill O
10-08-2007, 12:56 PM
I'll do some searching.

Bill O
10-08-2007, 01:12 PM
First ascent in 1973? I'm guessing more people climb Everest than this peak.

A trip to that mountain is a full on expedition. If you guys make it up there please fill us in on the details.

Weather data? You might have to pay somebody to do research into that place. Unless you stumble across something on the internet you're going to have to rely on a meteorologist making educated guesses about that region.

Maksutov
10-09-2007, 02:41 AM
Hi, we are four man from Quebec who want to do something on Mt D'Iberville, the higest peak in Quebec. Does anyone have any information about weather over there??
If you have any infos on route, or any other subject, it will be great!

Thank you and sorry for my english quality...

JFHere's a site that provides detailed information about the area (http://www.stuyvesantcove.org/Torngats/Torngats_Main.shtml). I've always been fascinated by the Torngats since finding them on a map while doing research on Mount Jacques-Cartier, up in the beautiful Chic-Choc Mountains.

Beautiful country. And what a low tree line!