PDA

View Full Version : Mt Washington from Wildcat Ridge Trail

forestgnome
10-09-2007, 07:30 PM
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l190/forestgnome/mtwashington100907d.jpg

Played a bit of hooky today;)

JimS
10-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Oh Wow This Is NICE! Great view, great moment, I like the few clouds on the ridge. What time of day is this???

forestgnome
10-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Hey, Jim

I'd say about noon. Agree about the clouds. It was beautiful up there today.

KD Talbot
10-09-2007, 09:27 PM
I wanna play hookey with you!

KDT

stearnzie
10-09-2007, 09:39 PM
If any of you plan on playing hookey, I'm always game too...I've enjoyed photos that each of you have done - you each have a really distinct style and I always look forward to seeing your shots in the OBS journal. I never really have the time to pop onto these forums, but I am hoping to get on more. Eventually, I'll put some shots up here and try to get to know you all.

Until then, be well.

Matthew Stearns

Steve M
10-09-2007, 09:40 PM

KDT
You and me both!:)

stearnzie
10-10-2007, 06:42 AM
If any of you decide that it's a good day to play hookey, I'd always be happy to play along! I've enjoyed photos by each of you for quite some time now - each of you with your own unique style.

I always visit the MWOBS site, but never have had time to hit the forums...hoping to get a chance to talk to you all more.

Best, Matthew

Rich
10-10-2007, 07:37 AM

KDT

Don't you EVEN go there Mr. "I hike weekly in the Whites"!

Brad
10-10-2007, 06:06 PM
If any of you decide that it's a good day to play hookey, I'd always be happy to play along! I've enjoyed photos by each of you for quite some time now - each of you with your own unique style.

I always visit the MWOBS site, but never have had time to hit the forums...hoping to get a chance to talk to you all more.

Best, Matthew
Matthew, welcome to the best forum on the Internet (are there any others?). The group here are really nice with a lot of varied interests. The photographers are awesome and each does have their own style.

Steve M
10-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Welcome Stearnzie, It's always great to have new members. Especially when they are actively involved.

lwa11
10-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Hooky.... well worth it.

What trail did you go up?

I haven't done anything on that side but was looking for something next Wednesday.

Gorque
10-11-2007, 08:34 AM
Nice picture. I envy you folks that live in N.H. :)

Maksutov
10-13-2007, 07:04 AM
Nice picture. I envy you folks that live in N.H. :)Hey, it's not that far a drive from Thomaston to the Whites. Heck I used to live in Niantic, and would make the trip quite often.

Meanwhile, to the OP, beautiful shot! Did you manage to get to all the Wildcats, i.e., A, B, C, D, and E?

forestgnome
10-14-2007, 09:08 PM
I hiked the Wildcat Ridge Trail from Rt.16, which starts at the Glen Ellis Falls Trailhead. This view is from the last of several viewpoint ledges before you reach any summit points. I stopped there to shoot this image, then the clouds thickened, and I hiked back down. It was nice.:)

stearnzie
10-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Yeah, that is a great hike...I'd like to give it a shot in the winter this year. It offers a 'neater' way down the mountain ;)