PDA

View Full Version : Another Person For Stp 08

CHRIS
11-01-2007, 09:15 AM
I have been talking to my son who is in the Marines stationed state side (thank god) and he is going to be trying to get a week off in July to do the seek the peek with me.He says basically he wants to see if I am going to make it.He is waiting for the web site to come on with the stp 08 so he can start getting pledges from all his buddies down there and says it is now a challenge that he will raise more than me. Either way I think it will be great just to hike up the mountain with him. I just had to share this with someone.Can't wait till next July.Does anybody know if it is still going to be on July 26th. I want to make sure I get a campground reservation @ a good campground for my trailer. Thanks for listening.

Steve M
11-01-2007, 09:26 AM
I have been talking to my son who is in the Marines stationed state side (thank god) and he is going to be trying to get a week off in July to do the seek the peek with me.He says basically he wants to see if I am going to make it.He is waiting for the web site to come on with the stp 08 so he can start getting pledges from all his buddies down there and says it is now a challenge that he will raise more than me. Either way I think it will be great just to hike up the mountain with him. I just had to share this with someone.Can't wait till next July.Does anybody know if it is still going to be on July 26th. I want to make sure I get a campground reservation @ a good campground for my trailer. Thanks for listening.
I think STP will be on the same day or at least within a day or two. I think they keep it on the last Saturday. Anyway if all goes well I will be volunteering that week on the summit. So I will see everyone on top!

Brad
11-01-2007, 02:17 PM
I think STP will be on the same day or at least within a day or two. I think they keep it on the last Saturday. Anyway if all goes well I will be volunteering that week on the summit. So I will see everyone on top!
Maybe I could cook the microwave popcorn with you that week.

Steve M
11-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Maybe I could cook the microwave popcorn with you that week.
Looking forward to it!

Brad
11-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Looking forward to it!
You HAVE to bring the Mountain Blueberry Coffee!

Steve M
11-01-2007, 08:43 PM
You HAVE to bring the Mountain Blueberry Coffee!
I will have a pot of it going all the time for anyone interested. Who knows, maybe it will become the official coffee of the MWO!

Charlie
11-01-2007, 08:52 PM
maybe some one who knows the camping in the area will start a post on a good camp site to stay at so some of us can all make plans to stay at the same one . that way we can get a block of sites together .
what do you think ?

Charlie
11-11-2007, 08:14 PM
when will they get the 2008 page up so we can start getting people thinking about supporting us ;) ;)

Steve M
11-11-2007, 09:47 PM
when will they get the 2008 page up so we can start getting people thinking about supporting us ;) ;)
I'm not sure but that shouldn't stop anyone from gathering pledges now. When the page is created then you can put the amount you have raised under the amount raised off line spot, provided you get cash or a check toward the event. You will have to wait for the page for credit cards though unless you have a terminal in your house.:D

Charlie
11-12-2007, 06:38 PM
i was hoping to print out the page so i can put it up at work so they can see what it all about .

Steve M
11-12-2007, 09:13 PM
i was hoping to print out the page so i can put it up at work so they can see what it all about .
Use last years page and just tell them it will be the same only a year later.:D

Charlie
11-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Use last years page and just tell them it will be the same only a year later.:D

and they will think it is a gimmick http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/grinser/grinning-smiley-028.gif

Brad
11-13-2007, 07:46 PM
With the increased interest in STP for 2008 I am sure the folks in charge will get the site up and running as soon as possible. I understand they are close.

Steve M
11-13-2007, 11:49 PM
With the increased interest in STP for 2008 I am sure the folks in charge will get the site up and running as soon as possible. I understand they are close.
Inside info I presume???

Donotgogentle
11-20-2007, 12:18 PM
I was curious as well about when it would be up. the soon it is the soon er i can strat collecting.

Brad
11-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Inside info I presume???
I have been known to have friends in high places.

BlueDog
11-30-2007, 06:10 PM
maybe some one who knows the camping in the area will start a post on a good camp site to stay at so some of us can all make plans to stay at the same one . that way we can get a block of sites together .
what do you think ?

Last year several of us stayed at Moose Brook. I plan on staying there again. The area was nice and it had hot showers, where as the campground closer in didn't.

Charlie
12-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Last year several of us stayed at Moose Brook. I plan on staying there again. The area was nice and it had hot showers, where as the campground closer in didn't.

sounds nice ,how far away was it

CHRIS
12-07-2007, 07:06 AM
I scanned last years pages in my computor and I changed the dates and a few things on the pages and printed it back out now it reads 08 stp and I put it on my counter at work with a bottle and I have been getting people throwing money in already. I also run a welding supply store and I got two of my vendors to donate some items and I am raffling off a electronic welding helmet @ $5.00 per ticket with a total of 50 tickets to sell and a poker set @ $2.00 a ticket for a total of 25 tickets. I am doing whetever I can to raise $$$$.I have alot of customers ask me about the STP. and when I tell them about what it is and what its for they throw a dollar or two in the bottle.I should have no problem with raising the $100.00. My customers really like me so I guess that helps to. Just thought I would throw my Ideas out there incase it could help anybody.

Steve M
12-07-2007, 09:00 AM
I scanned last years pages in my computor and I changed the dates and a few things on the pages and printed it back out now it reads 08 stp and I put it on my counter at work with a bottle and I have been getting people throwing money in already. I also run a welding supply store and I got two of my vendors to donate some items and I am raffling off a electronic welding helmet @ $5.00 per ticket with a total of 50 tickets to sell and a poker set @ $2.00 a ticket for a total of 25 tickets. I am doing whetever I can to raise $$$$.I have alot of customers ask me about the STP. and when I tell them about what it is and what its for they throw a dollar or two in the bottle.I should have no problem with raising the $100.00. My customers really like me so I guess that helps to. Just thought I would throw my Ideas out there incase it could help anybody.
Those are some great suggestions. There are ways of raising money in addition to pledges. Yard sales, bake sales, and car washes work too if you have the time and energy.

Mike D
12-07-2007, 09:14 AM

That's great. Keep up the good work!

It's hard to think about July this morning... brrr.

BlueDog
12-17-2007, 10:44 PM
sounds nice ,how far away was it

I think it was about 20 min away.

Charlie
12-19-2007, 06:03 PM
sounds good
it would be nice if a lot of people stay at the same one so we can see each other before the big hike

hobbes
12-24-2007, 10:23 AM
Looks like Santa dropped off a gift a bit early -- the STP site (http://www.seekthepeak.org) for 2008 has launched.

CHRIS
12-26-2007, 07:58 AM
I am glad the stp the peak is up and running it makes it feel like it is getting closer.My wife bought me a bunch of hiking gear for christmas so I can't wait to get up there.As soon as I went on line yesterday and seen that stp 08 was running I emailed everybody my web page begging for $$$.
http://www.seekthepeak.org/view.php?p=CHRISTOPHERBOURGEOIS
good luck and have a great and safe New Year everybody.
Chris