PDA

View Full Version : Longtime outdoors ,Short time to forums

EricJ
11-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Hi, I'm new to forums, But, I've been a long time admirer of Mt. Washington.
I Enjoyed the snow squalls on my Oct. 13th visit.
Skied Wildcat many times, always being drawn in by that hill across the notch.
Finally, one March, some years ago, I skied Tuckermans, camped at Hermit Lake and took in the shear magnificents at first light.

Brad
11-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Eric, and you live very close so you can enjoy it often. Welcome to the forum.

Charlie
11-09-2007, 08:41 PM
welcome Eric

spyboy
11-09-2007, 08:49 PM
what amazed me was how far "up" the mountain Tuckerman's was, when I was at Wildcat. I hadn't seen that side of the mountain before (I've always travelled over by the Bretton Woods side where the cog is)

Kirk

Hi, I'm new to forums, But, I've been a long time admirer of Mt. Washington.
I Enjoyed the snow squalls on my Oct. 13th visit.
Skied Wildcat many times, always being drawn in by that hill across the notch.
Finally, one March, some years ago, I skied Tuckermans, camped at Hermit Lake and took in the shear magnificents at first light.

Steve M
11-10-2007, 01:17 AM
Welcome Eric, glad you could join us.

EricJ
11-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the welcomes. I've enjoyed the MWO site for years, and am sure you all and this forum will add a new level. I must edit the date from my thread above. On rechecking the calendar, I last visited on Sunday the 14th not the 13th. Seems irrelevant, but being a weather oriented forum, dates are important.
I mentioned the squalls. They were the reason we (Myself, and 3 of my brother-in-laws) could not make it to at least a mile high. One of them, Adrian, is from Boulder,Colorado. I wanted to take him to a height in New England that would equal his normal elevation. Had it been a clearer day...............Maybe next year.