PDA

View Full Version : Look West young man

Mike D
11-09-2007, 05:11 PM
What would you say if we started offering a West View Sunset timelapse?

JimS
11-09-2007, 05:15 PM
won't that cook the sensors???

spyboy
11-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Not if you swap out the equipment for a regular digital camera. Or better yet, just set one up along side the existing webcam.

Kirk

Brad
11-09-2007, 07:09 PM
I would ask for my own deck chair to sit and watch.

I am finding the North sunrise and sunset videos not working as easily as before. maybe it is because the files are so much bigger? The progress meter does not show progress like before. In 5 attempts I got it to work once and I am on a 9.5Mbps download connection here at the cabin in Maine.

Steve M
11-10-2007, 02:43 PM
I would ask for my own deck chair to sit and watch.

I am finding the North sunrise and sunset videos not working as easily as before. maybe it is because the files are so much bigger? The progress meter does not show progress like before. In 5 attempts I got it to work once and I am on a 9.5Mbps download connection here at the cabin in Maine.
I have noticed the same thing. The images themselves are outstanding. That new camera has made a huge difference but I'm having trouble with the sunrise/sunset videos playing. Most of the time they go a few seconds then lock up and have to close the window.

Oh, and a west view sunset would be great! Go for it!

Bill O
11-10-2007, 03:15 PM
I have noticed the same thing. The images themselves are outstanding. That new camera has made a huge difference but I'm having trouble with the sunrise/sunset videos playing. Most of the time they go a few seconds then lock up and have to close the window.

Oh, and a west view sunset would be great! Go for it!

Hit pause as soon as possible and let the whole video download, then hit play.

Charlie
11-10-2007, 03:17 PM
with the new north morning film it does not have a pause or play button so you can stop it and let it Finnish downloading.

i have to pause it so it can finish downloading and then hit play and watch the hole thing if not it stops and jumps several frames at a time .

Steve M
11-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Hit pause as soon as possible and let the whole video download, then hit play.
Thanks Bill,

That worked great. I love this new camera. It has been mounted slightly different I think because the Northern Presis don't block the horizon any more. I like it better.

Brad
11-10-2007, 08:47 PM
For some reason the North sunrise video did not show the video progress bar - before. now it does. When you go to a new tab in FireFox and bring up http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/cam/north/members/sunrise.mpg there is no progress bar at the bottom. If you make the browser window full screen you can see a little bit of the progress bar at the bottom. For some reason it is now re-sizing.