PDA

View Full Version : Ravines webcam image squished

spyboy
11-21-2007, 07:09 AM
It looks like the Ravines webcam has a new look (the new logo) but the image is squished for some reason.

spyboy
11-21-2007, 11:12 AM
looks fixed now (not squished) but no logos/time stamp on the image.

It looks like the Ravines webcam has a new look (the new logo) but the image is squished for some reason.

Mike D
11-21-2007, 11:48 AM
Jon and I went to the summit of Wildcat yesterday to install a new datalogger, a lower power consumption camera, and otherwise make improvements to the site. Of course a different camera has different characteristics and talks a different language, so to speak. It was 14 degrees F up there, so I was not going to reprogram scripts in those conditions. Sorry for the distorted images, but since there is nothing much to see today, my hope is that no one will be inconvenienced.

Mike D
11-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Our communication with Wildcat is being hampered by heavy icing on the Wildcat end. Communications are still up, but the signal quality is marginal, causing numerous retransmits. As a result, the Ravines cam and Auto Road temperature profile (which relays through Wildcat) may be intermittently down until the conditions improve.

Mike D
11-22-2007, 01:14 PM
During our trip, we installed low-power equipment to extend battery life during prolonged foggy spells. Once the batteries have a chance to charge up, even the darkest days of December should not deplete them fully. For now, however, the voltage is too low to operate the equipment.

Brad
11-22-2007, 02:06 PM
Our communication with Wildcat is being hampered by heavy icing on the Wildcat end. Communications are still up, but the signal quality is marginal, causing numerous retransmits. As a result, the Ravines cam and Auto Road temperature profile (which relays through Wildcat) may be intermittently down until the conditions improve.
Tomorrow looks a lot better.