PDA

View Full Version : moose rut on Mt. Chocrua

forestgnome
11-21-2007, 07:15 PM
Thought I'd link to this trip report on VFTT. It was extra special :D

http://www.viewsfromthetop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19115

KD Talbot
11-22-2007, 02:45 PM
As always, it's great to hear about your adventures in the wild, and this was a wild one!

KDT

Brad
11-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Your name is definitely Dances With Moose.

Mike D
11-23-2007, 12:05 PM
The proper way to handle the situation is to wait until the victor emerges. Then you swoop in and take him down. Greco-roman, jujitsu, or whatever style you feel most comfortable with.

KD Talbot
11-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Mike,
Maybe you could demonstrate the proper technique for this. I will gladly be the video replay consultant. There will be a new record for hits on youtube!

KDT

Condor
11-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Great trip report. A very special experience.

Question. While spending a summer in the Wind River Range of Wyoming a couple years ago doing fieldwork, I was repeatedly cautioned to keep a clear distance from the moose. Any chance of being gored by a rutting moose?

KD Talbot
11-24-2007, 12:59 PM
More likely stomped to death.

KDT

forestgnome
11-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Great trip report. A very special experience.

Question. While spending a summer in the Wind River Range of Wyoming a couple years ago doing fieldwork, I was repeatedly cautioned to keep a clear distance from the moose. Any chance of being gored by a rutting moose?

I suppose so, and I wouldn't advise going near moose or bear, but I do tend to get close. Many pursuits have dangers, including mine. I enjoy it so much and I'm so facinated with moose that I probably get closer than is adviseable, but then again, I wouldn't get too close to the edge of a cliff while others climb right up them.:eek:

Thanks for nice comments, all!

happy trails :)