PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Center

Brad
11-22-2007, 07:15 AM
The MWO has the Discovery Center in N Conway, NH - right on the main road. As a long time member I have to admit I had never been in before. Several years ago I did visit them in another building up the road. Yesterday I went to N Conway to stop in and I was concerned with traffic in town and where to park. No problem. As you drive north on Routes 16/302 through N Conway - pass the train station on the left - then the big white hotel is on your left and the Discovery Center is across the street from the hotel - just before the Citizens Bank building.

The Discovery Center is in a large brick building on the right just before the bank. There is a large parking lot for the Center on the right and behind the building. Parking is excellent. The Center for visitors is on the first floor and MWO offices are on the second floor. It is a great facility, easy to get to, and would be fun to bring the family to enjoy. Stop in!

hobbes
11-22-2007, 08:15 AM
Be sure to visit the highest wind exhibit; it's sensoriational!

-- Look out for flying cats though --

Steve M
11-22-2007, 11:42 AM
Be sure to visit the highest wind exhibit; it's sensoriational!

-- Look out for flying cats though --
I won't spoil the surprise for those who have not seen it before but lets just say it's a good way to remember Nin:)

M_Six
11-23-2007, 11:03 PM
My folks were just telling me about that place a couple days ago. I hear there was also a television piece about the Observatory done recently. Any chance it'll show up on Youtube?

Mike D
11-24-2007, 03:54 PM
My folks were just telling me about that place a couple days ago. I hear there was also a television piece about the Observatory done recently. Any chance it'll show up on Youtube?

Good Morning America did a live broadcast from the summit on Monday 11-19. I do not have a TV, but I expect that in this age of Tivo and Youtube, I will see it eventually.

KD Talbot
11-24-2007, 04:58 PM
Here's the link:

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=3885374

KDT