PDA

View Full Version : Membership sticker

spyboy
11-30-2007, 09:14 PM
Well, I just received my membership kit in the mail today, along with a copy of Wind Swept was my membership sticker.

I think this is the ONLY sticker I'll be putting on my new truck (I did have a "no stickers" policy, but I think I'll make an exception for the MWO)

Kirk

Mike D
11-30-2007, 09:45 PM
If you'd like to try it on for a while, a little scotch tape in the rear window will help you ease into that kind of commitment.

Bill O
11-30-2007, 10:10 PM
I have a no sticker policy as well. I grew out of those several years ago. I decided that free advertising wasn't very cool. My MWO stickers usually make it onto water bottles and coolers. They do make perfectly adequate bumper stickers, if you're into that.

The only thing on my car is a tastefully placed U of U static sticker on my rear side window.

M_Six
11-30-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm a "No Stickers" person myself, but the MWO sticker is tastefully done and discreet. It may make it onto the rear side window of my X5.

fifteendays
11-30-2007, 10:50 PM
The only thing on my car is a tastefully placed U of U static sticker on my rear side window.

Nice to see there is another Ute in the forums!

My Subaru proudly sports a University of Utah Alumni license plate frame. And a MWO sticker as well, of course... but it's still the old one. My membership renewal comes in January, so maybe I'll have my own personal changing of the decal ceremony then.

All of our letterhead and new logo stuff is in-- it's been a slow process changing everything over, but it's exciting to see how the new look all fits together.

Scot
MWO Staff

FisherCat
11-30-2007, 11:17 PM
Yea, I can't wait to get the new one too. It will look great on our garnet colored Subaru. The only stickers on our Subaru are NH stickers. Our Thule has the ever valuable Brake For Moose original bumper sticker. The new Obs will be great.

spyboy
11-30-2007, 11:26 PM
Oooh, that's an idea, I could put it on my Yakima ski box :)

Glad to see I'm not the only "no sticker" policy person. I even made the dealership take off their logo, when I bought my truck. Hey, NASCAR drivers get paid for all those logos, so I should too!

Yea, I can't wait to get the new one too. It will look great on our garnet colored Subaru. The only stickers on our Subaru are NH stickers. Our Thule has the ever valuable Brake For Moose original bumper sticker. The new Obs will be great.

Steve M
12-01-2007, 06:23 AM
I was always a "no sticker" policy person as well, but after I got my Jeep Cherokee I couldn't resist so I decided that my MWO sticker as well as some hiking stickers would "personalize" my ride.

Brad
12-01-2007, 09:28 AM
I am working out the year end budget for doing my membership renewal. When that gets sent in I am hoping I will get the new sticker also. I have started driving a old RAV4 and need a MWO sticker on that. I am a no sticker type of guy - except for MWO.

If you see "NC2ME" out on the highway and byway, it is me.

Mike D
12-01-2007, 11:06 AM
If you see "NC2ME" out on the highway and byway, it is me.

Be nice to me?

KD Talbot
12-01-2007, 11:56 AM
That's what I thought at 1st, because I'm sure Brad says that a lot.:)

But I'm sure it's for North Carolina to Maine, his favorite commute.

KDT

Proweaver
12-01-2007, 11:57 AM
I live in Pittsburgh,Pa and my car has a MWO sticker and a Cape Cod Tunnel Pass on it .I get ask where MWO and does it have a beach like they have in the Outer Banks. I tell them yes but it usually has snow on it. They walk away and look at me as if I am nuts. Every car we have had has been to the top of MWO and we make the trip every year

Mike D
12-01-2007, 01:18 PM
I live in Pittsburgh,Pa and my car has a MWO sticker and a Cape Cod Tunnel Pass on it .I get ask where MWO and does it have a beach like they have in the Outer Banks. I tell them yes but it usually has snow on it. They walk away and look at me as if I am nuts. Every car we have had has been to the top of MWO and we make the trip every year

On your many trips to the summit, have you been on a tour of the Observatory's facility?

Proweaver
12-01-2007, 04:14 PM
I have toured the weather station 2 years ago

Brad
12-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Be nice to me?
North Carolina to Maine

Brad
12-01-2007, 10:25 PM
On your many trips to the summit, have you been on a tour of the Observatory's facility?
Ever since I became a member - years ago - I do not recall being at the summit and not doing a tour. They are normally to let others with me do the real tour and I stop in down below to say hi.

Mike D
12-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Ever since I became a member - years ago - I do not recall being at the summit and not doing a tour. They are normally to let others with me do the real tour and I stop in down below to say hi.

I am going to leave your picture at the weather desk along with a name tag that says "Tour Guide".

Brad
12-01-2007, 10:32 PM
I am going to leave your picture at the weather desk along with a name tag that says "Tour Guide".
Where were those darts?

Rich
12-02-2007, 08:36 AM
We have the MWO sticker on both our vehicles as well as our camper. Not to mention the seek the peak sticker, AMC sticker........

Jimmy Legs and Little d
12-02-2007, 01:35 PM
I never had stickers on my cars in fear that when the started to look a little "ragged" they would be hard to remove. Then I started to glue stickers to flexable magnetic sheets trimmed to the shape of the sticker. These can easily be removed from the sheet metal portion of the vehicle. Currently on my Mazda MPV I have an Applachian Trail Conference sticker and a moose sticker. On my Subaru Outback I have a L.L. Bean sticker, a hiker symbol and on the driver side rear window the Mount Washington Observatory sticker. I was alway fond of the BRAKE FOR MOOSE sticker, but have yet to put it on my vehicle.