PDA

View Full Version : Good day to ski

spyboy
12-14-2007, 06:02 AM
I'll be just across the valley today (I'll wave to ya) over at Bretton Woods.

I'll have my little point & shoot camera with me, so hopefully it will clear enough to get a few shots of the summit.

Kirk

Brad
12-14-2007, 06:52 AM
Kirk,

Have a great day out there. An early jump of the ski season for a change.

spyboy
12-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Mostly did glades snowboarding today, at least 1-2 feet of powder in the glades, it was a blast!

I didn't get any shots of Mount Washington, the ceiling was very low today.

Mike D
12-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Mostly did glades snowboarding today, at least 1-2 feet of powder in the glades, it was a blast!

I didn't get any shots of Mount Washington, the ceiling was very low today.

Did you check out our camera?

spyboy
12-14-2007, 09:15 PM
I don't know where it's located or I would have checked it out.

But, I did do something nerdy... (Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS/Heart Rate monitor)

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/player/4597949

Did you check out our camera?

Rich
12-15-2007, 07:29 AM
I don't know where it's located or I would have checked it out.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/player/4597949

That's fun! 32 miles in 5 hours...pretty good day, huh?

spyboy
12-15-2007, 07:44 AM
Yeah it was a good day, but I guess I should filter out the lift rides up from total distance. Although when the track is played, it makes it easier to see each run. Notice I spent most of my time over in the glades :)

I also shut off my gps at lunch time since I was inside, so it was 5 hours of actual moving about on the mountain :)

That's fun! 32 miles in 5 hours...pretty good day, huh?

Bill O
12-15-2007, 07:45 AM

How does that Forerunner work in the trees? I'm thinking about getting one for running and we have a major foliage problem in the summer.

I used to keep track of how many vertical feet I skied. I racked up some big totals out at Whistler/Blackcomb.

spyboy
12-15-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm pretty sure it's using the SIRF III technology, so it has great reception in the trees.

You can wear it under a light jacket and it will still receive, but since I knew I'd be in the glades, I wore it on the outside of my jacket (plus I wear long snowboard gloves and wanted to make sure it was visible outside of the gloves)

It probably wouldn't have worked on my wrist, under a jacket and under gloves, in the trees (just too much blocking it)

I do need to buy the velcro wrist strap, the standard "watch" style band was hard to attach over my jacket.

How does that Forerunner work in the trees? I'm thinking about getting one for running and we have a major foliage problem in the summer.

I used to keep track of how many vertical feet I skied. I racked up some big totals out at Whistler/Blackcomb.