PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Washington this Thursday...

mikePA
12-21-2007, 11:06 PM
I am trying to plan a trip up to NH from PA Thursday to climb Mt. Washington via the Lion Head's trail. I do a lot of night climbs which this may end up being....if i leave PA by 5 a.m. i'd be on the trail by 2 or 3 p.m....hiking into the evening (8.5 mile rt?)...there has been decent weather the last few nights from what I can tell.....taking all normal precautions, for those who've climbed here, is this too ambitious a goal?? Thanks in advance..

Mike

Bill O
12-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Some guy rode his bike from Denmark to Mount Everest then tried to climb to the summit. He made it to Tibet, but it took three tries to reach the top. So driving from PA to Mount Washington and climbing to the summit is probably not too ambitious.

Now, what is ambitious is trying to forecast the summit weather a week from now, based on the past few days of "nice" weather.

mikePA
12-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks Bill....the driving, then hiking part is something we're pretty conditioned to....but you're right, forecasting is going to be the variable....Thank again...

Mike

Mike D
12-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Some guy rode his bike from Denmark to Mount Everest then tried to climb to the summit. He made it to Tibet, but it took three tries to reach the top. So driving from PA to Mount Washington and climbing to the summit is probably not too ambitious.

Now, what is ambitious is trying to forecast the summit weather a week from now, based on the past few days of "nice" weather.

That's nothing, I once rode a three-legged donkey to Cuba.

Brad
12-22-2007, 04:35 PM
There has to be a story here . . .

Steve M
12-22-2007, 07:33 PM
Sounds like a fat one to me.

Mike D
12-22-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm just making things up. If I had really done that, it would be in my staff bio.

Bill O
12-22-2007, 10:12 PM

Mike's on fire these past few days.

Steve M
12-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Yea, I enjoy his sense of humor.

Charlie
12-22-2007, 10:35 PM

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/teufel/devil-smiley-030.gif http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/teufel/devil-smiley-043.gif