PDA

View Full Version : Light on the Horizon

Doyle
12-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Just a question for anyone who may know. I noticed a light on the horizon in the distance while watching the north facing cam's sunrise movie this morning. Just wondering where and how far out this light is located. If you look at the clip, you cannot miss it (dead center on the horizon)

Bill O
12-22-2007, 10:32 AM
It's a hot pixel on the image sensor. Sorry, not a UFO.

Doyle
12-22-2007, 06:00 PM
I was hoping for a light from northern ME or CA.

Thanks

Mike D
12-22-2007, 09:34 PM
I was hoping for a light from northern ME or CA.

Thanks

These cameras are good down to .13 lux b/w. One of these days the North view is going to catch some Aurora Borealis.

Steve M
12-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Wouldn't that be sweet!:)

Charlie
12-22-2007, 10:37 PM
point one south and Steve can flash a light so we can see him :D

Brad
12-23-2007, 07:04 AM
These cameras are good down to .13 lux b/w. One of these days the North view is going to catch some Aurora Borealis.
Then we will want it to be in color. Are you letting the cameras change to B&W in low light? Or will they stay color?

My driveway camera goes B&W at night - but my others stay color all the time. Sunrise is better that way.

Bill O
12-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Then we will want it to be in color. Are you letting the cameras change to B&W in low light? Or will they stay color?

My driveway camera goes B&W at night - but my others stay color all the time. Sunrise is better that way.

Are you positive its black and white? I thought that was just an artifact of having little light.

Brad
12-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Are you positive its black and white? I thought that was just an artifact of having little light.
The Toshiba cameras can be set to go to B&W when there is low light - or they can stay in color mode all the time. I have my driveway camera set to change to B&W since visibility is most important for me. The other cameras I leave in color mode all the time.

Mike, how are the new cameras set up?

BillPatt
12-24-2007, 10:18 AM
To find out if the Aurora is coming south, check out the POES satellite. Here's a link to the latest image: http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/pmap/gif/pmapN.gif

For generalized solar weather, http://www.spaceweather.com/

Bill.