PDA

View Full Version : Yahooo!! STP '08 up and running!

Great Guinness Ghost
12-27-2007, 08:00 PM
It's great to see the site up and running. Already there's a handful of registered hikers and many more soon to join I'm sure. What better excuse to get out there and work off those extra holiday pounds. I think I have one 6288 Stout left. Okay, after that I'll get busy. This will be my second go around with STP. Last year was a blast! Everyone was great. I hope this year proves to be the same or better. Good luck to all in your fundraising efforts and keep on hiking!!! G.G.G.

MeridenFF
12-29-2007, 12:18 AM
I am all registered and ready to go! Is it time yet!!! GGG is there a place to contact the STP Staff to give them an idea for the post party. I was thinking since everyone on here goes by Screen names maybe they can make up name tags for the post party that has our real name and screen name. Will make it easy for introductions! Ok is it time to climb now? Let me know when you want to hit some trails around here to get ready for the hike.

Brad
01-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Excellent - there are now 21 hikers with web pages on STP08! The contributions are coming in.

Steve M
01-03-2008, 01:28 PM
I am all registered and ready to go! Is it time yet!!! GGG is there a place to contact the STP Staff to give them an idea for the post party. I was thinking since everyone on here goes by Screen names maybe they can make up name tags for the post party that has our real name and screen name. Will make it easy for introductions! Ok is it time to climb now? Let me know when you want to hit some trails around here to get ready for the hike.
By the way, would you happen to be from Meriden CT?

Brad
01-03-2008, 01:46 PM
We could certainly do stick-on name tags at the entrance to the tent. That would make meeting folks a lot easier. Your suggestion to have both screen name and real name is excellent.

A suggestion for the STP08 web site. Can the total raised be posted on the Support a Hiker page? Yes, we can go through each person's page and add them up. But, it would be nice to see where we are on the goal in total.

mary
01-03-2008, 05:58 PM
do most people make sponsor pages?....although i raised money in the past i havent made a personal sponsor page and am not all that sure what difference it makes....hi to all those i already know on this forum and i am looking forward to meeting new people this year....

Steve M
01-03-2008, 08:08 PM
do most people make sponsor pages?....although i raised money in the past i havent made a personal sponsor page and am not all that sure what difference it makes....hi to all those i already know on this forum and i am looking forward to meeting new people this year....
I think the difference is that your pledgers can also pay by credit card. This could be convenient for some folks.

Charlie
01-03-2008, 08:17 PM
I think the difference is that your pledgers can also pay by credit card. This could be convenient for some folks.

if i get cash for a pledge then i will Waite until i get $100 and then put it on my card under my name or "other pledges "

Brad
01-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Contributors last year got a nice thank you note from MWO.

Steve M
01-03-2008, 09:30 PM
if i get cash for a pledge then i will Waite until i get $100 and then put it on my card under my name or "other pledges "
Or you could just hold on to it and turn it in at the kick off party.

Charlie
01-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Or you could just hold on to it and turn it in at the kick off party.

i could do that but I'm hoping the people i sent a link to my page will see how much others have giving and will do the same :D

Steve M
01-03-2008, 11:13 PM
i could do that but I'm hoping the people i sent a link to my page will see how much others have giving and will do the same :D
Good thinking. I hope it helps.

Brad
01-04-2008, 05:59 AM
Good thinking. I hope it helps.
It seems to be working for me. But, at the same time smaller contributions help too.

Charlie
01-04-2008, 05:14 PM
yes it does i will take what i can get

Brad
01-04-2008, 07:32 PM
yes it does i will take what i can get
You sound like Rosie.

Steve M
01-04-2008, 08:07 PM
I talked to Karen today and she said I can still raise money for STP as long as I hike it either just before or just after my volunteer week. Sounds great to me and for the Obs. Gives me a great excuse to summit again this summer!:)

Steve M
01-10-2008, 09:50 AM
I just saw in my STP page that I have received my first contribution ever! $10.00 How awesome is that! And in Florida even!:D

Brad
01-10-2008, 02:58 PM
I just saw in my STP page that I have received my first contribution ever! $10.00 How awesome is that! And in Florida even!:D
Yes it is nice to see the contributions come in. Last year I signed up late and had to cover the $100 fee myself. This year it is covered and more which is great. My page already shows 250% of last year's contribution.

Steve M
01-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Yes it is nice to see the contributions come in. Last year I signed up late and had to cover the $100 fee myself. This year it is covered and more which is great. My page already shows 250% of last year's contribution.
I know what you mean. It looks like I will have to work at it to get the $100. I'm glad I started early.