PDA

View Full Version : where are you coming from for the hike?

mary
01-03-2008, 06:02 PM
i know i posed this question before....my curiosity gets the better of me....where are people traveling from for stp08?....were coming from the litchfield county area of connecticut....

Brad
01-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Durham, NC

Rich
01-03-2008, 07:45 PM
i know i posed this question before....my curiosity gets the better of me....where are people traveling from for stp08?....were coming from the litchfield county area of connecticut....

Just South of you...Fairfield County CT.

Bill O
01-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Just South of you...Fairfield County CT.

Just south of you as well...Norwalk, CT.

Steve M
01-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Well south of you, Monticello, Florida. Although I won't actually be hiking for STP I'll be working (volunteering) on the summit.

Charlie
01-03-2008, 08:19 PM
a little south west of you Lancaster pa

Brad
01-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Well south of you, Monticello, Florida. Although I won't actually be hiking for STP I'll be working (volunteering) on the summit.
Do you have to stop on a planet on the way?

CHRIS
01-03-2008, 08:58 PM
South Dartmouth Massachusetts. This is my first and I can't wait for it to get here.

Chris

Steve M
01-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Do you have to stop on a planet on the way?
Only if the earth is aligned with Mars and Saturn. If it's aligned with Pluto and Uranus then I can go straight through.

BlueDog
01-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Coming up from Northern Virginia (about 3 miles from where the AT crosses the MD/VA state line) for my second StP!

MeridenFF
01-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Central CT here. Can't wait to get to the top of the mountain again.

mtruman
01-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Rhode Island.

Haven't registered yet - still working on verifying availability that weekend. Really hope to make it...

kk153
01-04-2008, 04:39 PM
That's my neighboorhood as well. I live about 7 miles from where the AT crosses route 7 in VA (Bears Den) area...

Brad
01-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Rhode Island.

Haven't registered yet - still working on verifying availability that weekend. Really hope to make it...
Availability is - you will be doing this. Nothing else gets in the way. I explained it last year (last minute) that I volunteered for a charity event. Community service.

BlueDog
01-04-2008, 10:15 PM
That's my neighboorhood as well. I live about 7 miles from where the AT crosses route 7 in VA (Bears Den) area...

Cool! That out near Bluemont and Mount Weather? If so we should get together for some local hikes.

Great Guinness Ghost
01-06-2008, 06:03 PM
I'm coming from Willimantic CT. and my brother in law is from Franklin CT

Tim&Val
01-06-2008, 08:20 PM
We'll be participating in STP for the 2nd year!! We live in Ashland NH. Can't wait to see everyone again! :D

Valerie

Steve M
01-06-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm coming from Willimantic CT. and my brother in law is from Franklin CT
Cool, we had a cottage on Amston lake when I was a kid. That is a great are of the State.

Brad
01-06-2008, 08:27 PM
We'll be participating in STP for the 2nd year!! We live in Ashland NH. Can't wait to see everyone again! :D

Valerie
Tim & Val, nice to see you here again. And glad to hear you will be out for STP08 too. Maybe this year I will be in shape (that is what I say every year - and I seem to just get older instead).

I went back to HoJo's yesterday and it was very very nice. The top rail of the railing where Lions Head trail cuts off to the right is almost buried under snow. There was one sign along the trail someone have dug DOWN and cleared out the sign so it could be read!

Just arrived in NC and will have to make due with watching the videos and web cameras for a little while.

Tim&Val
01-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Tim & Val, nice to see you here again.

Hi Brad! Yes, we've been offline for awhile. It's good to be back! I intend to post a "catch up" note shortly to try to fill everyone in on our recent escapades. Your trip into Tuck's looks great! Glad you had the opportunity to spend some time in the mountains over the holidays. The weather has been so fantastic!

Brad
01-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Sledding with the grand-kids - 2 trips back into Tucks - building snow caves and tunnels with the kids - snowshoeing in deep powder. What a wonderful vacation!

Charlie
01-07-2008, 09:09 PM
brad said "Just arrived in NC and will have to make due with watching the videos and web cameras for a little while"

aaahhhh i hope it's not to tough on you :D

Brad
01-07-2008, 10:21 PM
brad said "Just arrived in NC and will have to make due with watching the videos and web cameras for a little while"

aaahhhh i hope it's not to tough on you :D
Yes, it is tough duty and the withdrawal pains are hard to deal with. But, I will be back in Maine soon. :cool:

gscookies
01-08-2008, 08:38 AM
We have a group of 6 coming in from outside of Chicago (the flatlanders)!.:D

Charlie
01-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Yes, it is tough duty and the withdrawal pains are hard to deal with. But, I will be back in Maine soon. :cool:

and then you can say aaaahhhhh to me when you are up there and I'm having the withdrawals

Debi
01-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new to STP and live in Amherst, NH. I will be hiking with my sister and brother-in-law (Val & Tim). I have started training and can't wait for the summer to come.

Tim&Val
01-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new to STP and live in Amherst, NH. I will be hiking with my sister and brother-in-law (Val & Tim). I have started training and can't wait for the summer to come.

YEAH DEBI!!! Welcome to the forum!!

Can't wait to start planning for July! Can't wait to start training together!!

From your Big Sis,
:p

Steve M
01-16-2008, 11:19 PM
YEAH DEBI!!! Welcome to the forum!!

Can't wait to start planning for July! Can't wait to start training together!!

From your Big Sis,
:p
Getting the family involved, that's great! Hope to meet you all there this summer!:)

Rich
01-17-2008, 10:00 AM

Welcome Debi!

My sister and brother-in-law live in Amherst! I know it well, nice town! So does President Ken Jones. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the mountain for seek the peak.

Brad
01-17-2008, 02:50 PM
and then you can say aaaahhhhh to me when you are up there and I'm having the withdrawals
Now, would I do that to you - as I sit in my office at home in Maine and look out at the snow and frozen lake.

Brad
01-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Debi,

Welcome to the group! I had the pleasure of hiking a ways with Tim & Val last year for STP. They easily caught up with me and went on by. It was a great day.

No fair starting to train already!

Debi
01-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the great welcome everyone.

If I'm going to keep up with Val and Tim I will need all the training I can get. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Debi