PDA

View Full Version : Up Lion Head Or Down Lion Head For STP

CHRIS
01-08-2008, 08:16 AM
I am doing my first STP :D and I was wondering which way does everybody thinks is better to go up Lion Head and down Tuckermans or up Tuckermans and down Lion Head?
Thanks
Chris

njgail11
01-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Hi Chris, the answer to your question is go up Tuckermans and down Lions Head, this is what i hear from everyone.

Brad
01-08-2008, 10:08 PM
I am doing my first STP :D and I was wondering which way does everybody thinks is better to go up Lion Head and down Tuckermans or up Tuckermans and down Lion Head?
Thanks
Chris
I always go up Lions Head and down Tuckermans. The views as you get out in the open on Lions Head are awesome.

Steve M
01-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Last year I went up Tucks and down L.H. Although I wouldn't be afraid to do it in reverse.

Tim&Val
01-09-2008, 06:07 AM
We met several members of this forum on Lion's Head last year on the way UP. That's the only way we've ever done the loop.

Brad
01-09-2008, 06:52 AM
We met several members of this forum on Lion's Head last year on the way UP. That's the only way we've ever done the loop.
Here are pictures from that hike.
http://public.fotki.com/bradbradstreet/hikes/2007_hikes/2007-07-28-stp/

If I remember correctly this is Val & Tim on the left of this picture.

http://images27.fotki.com/v967/photos/8/8235/5232955/IMG_4922-vi.jpg

CHRIS
01-09-2008, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the replies everybody.Oh decisions,decisions I will just leave it up to my son he is suppose to hike with me if he can get leave in July.He is stationed in North Carolina (Marines). So far they are telling him no problem but who knows.I look forward to meeting everybody on the trails.Nice to see Tim & Val. back on. I love reading your reports on your web site.Thanks again everbody.
Chris

Brad
01-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the replies everybody.Oh decisions,decisions I will just leave it up to my son he is suppose to hike with me if he can get leave in July.He is stationed in North Carolina (Marines). So far they are telling him no problem but who knows.I look forward to meeting everybody on the trails.Nice to see Tim & Val. back on. I love reading your reports on your web site.Thanks again everbody.
Chris
If our schedules match he could ride up and back with me.

kaseri
01-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Depends on what the weather is like. If it's raining I would go up via the headwall and down LH. Or go Lion Head both ways.

CHRIS
01-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Thanks Brad but I believe he is trying to get three weeks off because his brother inlaw is getting married around July 13th? . But thank you very much for the offer.Also thanks Kaseri I will keep that in mind depending on the weather.
Chris

Tim&Val
01-09-2008, 10:12 AM
If I remember correctly this is Val & Tim on the left of this picture.

That's us! As well as "Chewey" and "Rudabaga" on the right!

This year, Brad, I'll bring a battery for my camera, so that you can be in some of the pictures too!!

lordvoldemort
01-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Hello,
Sorry for this rookie question, but what is STP ? I did go to Mt. Washington last in feb 2007 and we took the lion's head trail, both going up and down. I was told by our guide that Tuckerman's ravine had avalanche risks. I am again going on Jan 20th this year. What route do you experts suggest ? Is tuckerman ravine advisable ?

Brad
01-09-2008, 04:24 PM
That's us! As well as "Chewey" and "Rudabaga" on the right!

This year, Brad, I'll bring a battery for my camera, so that you can be in some of the pictures too!!
It is fun to run back through those pictures. It was a great day - and a wonderful dinner event afterwards.

Charlie
01-09-2008, 04:36 PM
and GOD willing i will be there to