PDA

View Full Version : the staff on the mountain for next week

pvbruin
01-20-2008, 01:34 PM
greetings from Los Angeles again, folks!

for the overnight edutrip 1/24-1/25, can anyone tell me which staff/volunteers/interns are expected to be there? it always helps to know so that we can be in their good graces :) i'm terrible with names, so if i know in advance that would help!

also, can anyone tell me how the last couple of edutrips for the guests have gone? did anyone try to do the unofficial "century/100 club"? i read the comments last month by jon gale, who at 6'6" and 250 lbs has got 6" and 75 lbs on me!

any info is appreciated. looking forward to coming this week :)

Brad
01-20-2008, 02:24 PM
I think it is awesome you are coming from CA to be at the summit next week. What a great time no matter what the weather will be. You might check back for comments posted late in the day Jan 9th through early Jan 16th. The posters would be the folks most likely.

Bill O
01-20-2008, 04:16 PM
greetings from Los Angeles again, folks!

for the overnight edutrip 1/24-1/25, can anyone tell me which staff/volunteers/interns are expected to be there? it always helps to know so that we can be in their good graces :) i'm terrible with names, so if i know in advance that would help!

also, can anyone tell me how the last couple of edutrips for the guests have gone? did anyone try to do the unofficial "century/100 club"? i read the comments last month by jon gale, who at 6'6" and 250 lbs has got 6" and 75 lbs on me!

any info is appreciated. looking forward to coming this week :)

There's an optimal height/weight ratio to complete the century club. 6'6" 250 pounds is not it. The smaller surface area you have the better.

I'm guessing MWO hasn't had sustained winds over 100mph this season.

Knapper
01-21-2008, 02:14 AM
You will be here with observers Stacey, Kyle and maybe Mike (he may have other commitments) as well as an intern named Ryan. Your volunteers will be Don and John.

The last handful of edutrips we have all had have gone well. No century club members since the weather was not 100mph for them. But just a not, you get out of the trips what you put into them.

Have fun on your trip up here, sorry I won't be here to meet you.

Cheers
Ryan Knapp
Staff Meteorologist, KMWN

pvbruin
01-21-2008, 03:31 AM
great! thanks for the heads-up! i look forward to taking lots of pix and sharing our experience with you guys and with our folks out here.

just to give you perspective, i played some beach volleyball today, but i'd rather play observatory deck soccer ;)

Brad
01-21-2008, 08:59 AM
We expect plenty of pictures and daily updates.