PDA

View Full Version : WCBS Extreme Winter Weather Show

bclark
01-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Some of you may recall that about month ago, WCBS New York City visited the summit along with the Weather Channel's Jim Cantore to film for a special that WCBS was making on extreme winter weather.

That show aired last week, but many of you are probably like me and don't get WCBS. The entire show, along with some additional interviews can be viewed on their website. The following link will take you to a page that has links to all the videos associated with this show:

http://wcbstv.com/local/weather.winter.driving.2.627757.html

Mt. Washington and the Observatory is featured in Part 2 of the show. There are also links closer to the bottom to interviews with myself and Ken Rancourt, our director of summit operations. There are also interviews with Jim Cantore and some other people they talked to for the show.

A preview that WCBS ran before they aired the show can be seen here and talk a lot about Mt. Washington:

http://wcbstv.com/video/?id=107136@wcbs.dayport.com

Enjoy!

wxhunterfl
01-22-2008, 12:23 PM
thanks this should be great viewing . i live in florida now grow up in the area when i get home sick i always come to mt wash site . thanx

Bill O
01-22-2008, 01:38 PM
I just happened to be watching WCBS when this show came on. Nice work from the summit crew.

Thanks for posting the link.

Steve M
01-22-2008, 08:46 PM
thanks this should be great viewing . i live in florida now grow up in the area when i get home sick i always come to mt wash site . thanx
Welcome to the forums. I too am in Florida. I live up in the big bend area, 30 min east of Tallahassee. Good to have someone else in here from this part of the country.

Steve M
01-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks for posting this Brian. I was not able to see it when it aired but really wanted to see it and now I did. I'm glad to see the Obs got 1/3 the air time.

nhbuck
03-08-2008, 11:18 AM
I also was raised near the
"rock"....Berlin, NH
Always looking to see what's happening back home.
FT Smith, Arkansas
Bob Boutin