PDA

View Full Version : How is Marty doing at the top?

GeneB
01-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Its been almost a week since the new "top cat" has been at the summit. How is Marty doing? Is he very different than Nin. Is he personable? Just curious?

Gene

bclark
01-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Marty is doing extremely well. It is a big change for any cat, but especially one that has been in a shelter for almost a year and presumably was in a normal size house before that. He is very comfortable in the Observatory side of the Sherman Adams building, but we are only slowly showing him the rest of the building and he is quite skiddish in new places.

I think the best way to describe Marty in just a few words is, a little ball of energy. He is much more active than I ever knew Nin to be, although I have only known Nin for a couple years. I am just not used to having a cat around that is as active and likes to play as much as Marty does. It is fun though...he certainly keeps the crew entertained. Marty is also a very curious cat. Anytime we open a cupboard or drawer, he is right there to see what is inside. He also likes to follow us around and see what we are doing.

This weeks ObsCast highlights Marty's first week on the summit. If you're a member you should check it out. If you're not a member, you should join so that you can...and of course so you can support all the work that we do :)

Bretton Woods Brat
02-15-2008, 06:31 AM
I sent Marty something to play with in the mail, did he get it? :p

Brad
02-16-2008, 09:14 AM
Ha - that is great. I sent 4 red sleds so the big "cats" could play outside. Not sure if they worked or not.

Bretton Woods Brat
02-20-2008, 08:59 AM
Hope they have brakes! :eek:
Its been a few weeks since I sent Marty his toy, haven't heard if he received it. :confused: Here kitty, kitty....

KathyC
02-21-2008, 05:50 PM
He looks like a happy kitty, I liked todays comments on the home page.:)

Bretton Woods Brat
02-26-2008, 08:07 AM
Lmao, you can hear Marty crying as Larry does the weather! :D

Brad
03-02-2008, 03:52 PM
I was taking pictures yesterday in the NC mountains and came across this sign. It made me think of MWO.

http://images31.fotki.com/v1094/photos/8/8235/5967139/CRW_1125aMOW-vi.jpg

Do we know where Wilson and Sarah are?

Steve M
03-02-2008, 10:50 PM
I don't see any teeth or a tongue.;)

Patrad Fischroy
03-04-2008, 04:01 PM
The tongue was right there, firmly in the cheek

Knapper
03-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Do we know where Wilson and Sarah are?

Last we heard, they were adopted a week after the election. So they are currently living with a good family somewhere in the area.

Ryan Knapp
Staff Meteorologist, KMWN

indie230
03-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Hi everyone,
I've been very busy since the primary.
I hear from Wilson's new mom all the time.
He is doing great and found a wonderful home.
He can be seen on the shelter's web site under second chances.
Sarah, is doing great too. She was adopted by someone who knew nothing of the primary.
We heard from Brian and know Marty is a special boy. He honestly was the shelters favorite. We all knew how utterly adorable, comical and loving he can be. We all speak about how lucky he is to have such a great home but also the MWO crew is blessed with an amazing cat.
I never told Brian that Marty can flush a toilet.. good thing you don't have a water based one up there!
I predict he will figure out the water fountain soon! He does watch how you work buttons, levers etc... then he quietly emulates the motions until he figures it out...
I can't wait to see him. Some of us are planning a trip up once the road is open... Good thing we are MWO members!
...Indie

Brad
03-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the update!

Bretton Woods Brat
04-29-2008, 09:02 AM
What a big day for Marty! :D Thanks for sharing, you made my day...;)

Brad
04-29-2008, 11:09 AM
There were several pictures of Marty in today's Comments. Those have been added to http://public.fotki.com/MWO/favorites/summit-cats/

Robere
04-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Petty Officer Sasha, our almost two year old female Siamese detects Siamese qualities in Marty. The black coat and yellow eyes tell her a lot!!! We are eager to hear of Marty's exploites and ready to support him in any way we can!

ymls
04-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Hello. I am new to your web site. Congrats to Marty on his venture out today. I live in Connecticut and will be vacationing in the White Mountains late July-early August. I would love to bring you a donation for the cats--Marty is one, are there others? Can I bring you some cat food or some cat litter or some toys for them? When I come to Mt Washington, can I visit them? Is the observatory open to the public? I would love to meet them and your staff.
Thank you-ymls

KD Talbot
05-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Welcome to our forum. There is just one kitty on the summit. That is Marty. If you visit the summit you can tour the Observatory for a small fee. If you become a member it is free.

I'm sure Marty will gladly accept all treats and toys you can donate. They are a non-profit organization, after all. :)

KDT

Brad
05-03-2008, 06:38 AM
Yes, the Observatory offers free tours (which are really neat to do) to members. If you join now, that will count towards the membership drive on which will give us two new web cameras to watch! Please join.

Charlie
05-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Hello. I am new to your web site. Congrats to Marty on his venture out today. I live in Connecticut and will be vacationing in the White Mountains late July-early August. I would love to bring you a donation for the cats--Marty is one, are there others? Can I bring you some cat food or some cat litter or some toys for them? When I come to Mt Washington, can I visit them? Is the observatory open to the public? I would love to meet them and your staff.
Thank you-ymls

im sure they would appreciate some thing for marty but in sure he gets a lot of things from people so if you would like to help he has some friends at the place he came from that needs some help . check out this site and see if you can do some thing for them in martys name ,im sure they would love it .
thanks and welcome to the forum
here is the link
http://www.mountwashington.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3156

MelNino
05-04-2008, 09:38 AM
hello from another ct poster! Hope you have a great trip....I'll be there in about 3 weeks:)

KathyC
05-09-2008, 07:40 PM
I was just in CT. last weekend, stayed in E. Hartford, had dinner in Manchester. Headed to Boston on Saturday, stopped back in E. Hartford Sunday for an hour then back to Jersey............Whew, lots of driving.....:D

I was so happy to see Marty enjoy his time outside, it's probably been a while for him. He looks happy and healthy!!