PDA

View Full Version : F6 forms

treant985
01-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Does anyone (including any MWO staff who might be reading this ;) ) have a link to a blank F6 form? I see that the F6 on the site is converted into a pdf and posted daily, but I wasn't sure if they'd want to make a blank edition available to the public or not.

Bill O
01-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Does anyone (including any MWO staff who might be reading this ;) ) have a link to a blank F6 form? I see that the F6 on the site is converted into a pdf and posted daily, but I wasn't sure if they'd want to make a blank edition available to the public or not.

I've looked for a blank F6 before. I must admit I didn't look very hard, but I'd be interested in having a blank one as well.

Its a government form so there is no copyright issue.

Steve M
01-23-2008, 09:22 PM
I would be interested in one as well.

Mike D
01-23-2008, 11:50 PM
I keep pressing F6, but nothing happens. And where's my Tab?

Brad
01-24-2008, 05:52 AM
Interesting question - and amazing the forms are not already easily available.

I started creating a form in Excel and it is pretty straight forward (if I had ever filled one in before). Some of the values are surprising to me (this is the first time I really studied the form). Things like - I always thought average wind speed was more like sum 24 hours of observations and divide by the number of observations. Based on what I see on the form it is the average of the max and min wind speeds for the day. That would give a very different answer.

With a little more work I could have a first pass at the form this evening.

Bill O
01-24-2008, 07:00 AM

I can't find any any key.

Steve M
01-24-2008, 08:54 AM
I think your f6 button is broken and you can get Tab at the grocery store. :)

Brad
01-24-2008, 11:12 AM
I just sent an F-6 form created in Excel to Scot. The first question is whether my math is correct. Then someone can help with the formatting. If it is printed to fit on one page, it works fine. If others want to see what I pulled together, give me your e-mail address in a PM and I will send it to you.

Brad
01-24-2008, 05:35 PM
I would be interested in one as well.
Send me you e-mail address in a PM. I can not send a PM to you since your storage is full.

Steve M
01-25-2008, 12:13 AM
Send me you e-mail address in a PM. I can not send a PM to you since your storage is full.
Thank you, I got them both and they look really good.

Brad
01-25-2008, 05:42 AM
Not knowing which version of Excel you had I had saved it under the Excel 2007 format and the older version. Is this a format/layout that you were looking for? Or something different?

The shaded cells are the ones where you enter data. All others could be locked down to protect the formula.

treant985
01-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Thanks for sending the form, Brad. It does look pretty good and is easy to use. Plus, having your own copy lets you add/delete categories that you like/don't like. If you're following the other thread, that means I'm adding minimum wind chill to my F6!!

Brad
01-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Thanks for sending the form, Brad. It does look pretty good and is easy to use. Plus, having your own copy lets you add/delete categories that you like/don't like. If you're following the other thread, that means I'm adding minimum wind chill to my F6!!
Thanks for the feedback. Maybe SpyBoy would pop the file on his server and give us a URL so folks could get at it.

Brad
01-26-2008, 07:44 PM
SpyBoy pulled through for us! Thanks - the F-6 file is at www.spyboy.com/mwo/F-6.xls

Please post here if you have corrections or suggestions. The shaded cells are the ones to enter data into. I have not locked down the formula.