PDA

View Full Version : Big STP News!

fifteendays
02-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Hi folks,

While we haven't "officially" announced it yet, I wanted to share some really big news with all of you about this year's Seek the Peak.

Subaru has increased their commitment to the event in a very big way! They are contributing a grand prize bigger than anything we have ever given away in the event's 8-year history...

A one-year lease on a brand new Subaru!

Rather than simply tacking it on to our prize list, here's how we're going to use it:
-- If you raise $1,000 or more, you will be entered into a drawing for the new car lease.
-- For each $1,000 you raise, you'll get another shot at it.
-- You need to be present at the awards party to win. (C'mon, I need to toss the keys to someone who is there in person!)
-- I imagine many more people will raise $1,000+ to get a shot at the new car, but I would be shocked if the odds of winning were any higher than 30 or 40 to 1.

We're waiting on all the specific details from Subaru, but we got the official "thumbs up" from them last week. I assume there will be some restrictions and we will release all the info on the STP site as soon as we have it.

So now there's even more reason to hike in STP this July!

Post any questions you might have right here, or shoot me a PM anytime.

All the best,
Scot Henley
MWO Executive Director

JimS
02-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Congrats on sealing that deal Scot...I'm sure this will boost your ability to bring in pledges!

Brad
02-06-2008, 05:29 PM
A wonderful deal. Too bad i am the only person who will exceed $1,000. Scot, you can give me the keys now.

hobbes
02-06-2008, 06:47 PM
That's great Scot! Although you mind checking the fine print to see if they'll let the car be driven to the summit:)

Charlie
02-06-2008, 08:28 PM
sorry brad it will be me that wins the car

but i don't know if i can fit into a car :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Brad
02-06-2008, 09:40 PM
sorry brad it will be me that wins the car

but i don't know if i can fit into a car :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You can win. But, I will drive it for you. That looks like a really fun car.

fifteendays
02-06-2008, 10:12 PM
That's great Scot! Although you mind checking the fine print to see if they'll let the car be driven to the summit:)

Hopefully the fine print won't reveal that the lease is actually for a 1986 Subaru Justy... But hey, I'm sure Brad won't mind driving that back and forth from ME to NC!

Scot

BlueDog
03-13-2008, 02:18 PM
And just in time! I'm in the market for one! I'll have to twist more arms to sponsor me. :)

Brad
03-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Do you have to get $1,000 AND make it to the summit for STP08?

BlueDog
03-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Do you have to get $1,000 AND make it to the summit for STP08?

Is there a chance you think you can't make it to the top? If so, then the answer is YES! :) (Just trying to increase my chances.)

Steve M
03-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Is there a chance you think you can't make it to the top? If so, then the answer is YES! :) (Just trying to increase my chances.)
Don't you worry about Brad, he can make it to the top AND back down...it's the day after that is the challenge.;)

Brad
03-16-2008, 10:30 PM
Each year it does get a bit harder. Maybe I can get in shape this year.

Steve M
03-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Each year it does get a bit harder. Maybe I can get in shape this year.
I Know I will be training for this summer...CAN'T WAIT!:D

Brad
03-17-2008, 06:11 AM
I Know I will be training for this summer...CAN'T WAIT!:D
I have been watching pictures of you folks out hiking on the weekend. Does that count?

Steve M
03-17-2008, 06:45 AM
I have been watching pictures of you folks out hiking on the weekend. Does that count?
Speaking of which, we are planning a hike for the weekend of March 29th-30th in North GA. if you would like to join us. We have not settled on a specific hike yet so if you have any suggestions let me know.

Brad
03-17-2008, 07:37 PM
That would be an interesting option - but, my wife and I will be meeting halfway that weekend - in Jacksonville, FL.

Steve M
03-17-2008, 08:03 PM
ok for you. We are thinking of Pinnacle mountain which has some great views from what I am told. Never hiked it. We shall see. Have a great time with the wife.

Steve M
03-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Excellent turnout at the STP site...83 people signed up and raising money...it's gonna be a great year!

Bill O
04-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Excellent turnout at the STP site...83 people signed up and raising money...it's gonna be a great year!

Up to 87 on the STP website. I wonder how this compares to last year. I don't remember seeing anywhere close to that number of names.

Steve M
04-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Up to 87 on the STP website. I wonder how this compares to last year. I don't remember seeing anywhere close to that number of names.
I know what you mean...and this early as well.

Patrad Fischroy
07-30-2008, 09:04 AM
Ok, so who got the car? I did not hear from Brad on how nice a ride he had back to NC in his new car nor any other mention. Congratulations on a successful STP. From what I have seen here on the forum, you are continuing to set the bar ever higher each year. With luck, I will be able to participate one of these years.

Brad
07-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Well, lets say Scot was real cruel. He had all of us who raised over $1,000 up in front - which was nice. Then he pulled the name out of the hat and said the winner is - - - "Brad" and then he paused. Then he said the other Brad's last name! Cruel. So, we were close.

Brad
07-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Here is the news article on STP 2008

http://www.mountwashington.org/news/release.php?id=33

BlueDog
07-30-2008, 10:50 AM
When I was talking to the Subaru rep on Friday at check-in I was joking around that if I won the car I was gonna drive the one with the wrapped graphics home. We commented how good it looked.

When I was walking into the tent on Saturday, he spotted me and said, "I talked to my boss this morning, told how much people liked the graphics ... he said that if you get the car and want it wrapped just like that he'd pay for it. 'I they want to drive around with logos for an org that we support, why wouldn't we?!'"

Brad
07-30-2008, 11:09 AM
I would have no problem driving a Subaru with the MWO logo on it.

Charlie
07-30-2008, 08:18 PM
hay if we go out and get a new one we get the discount but if we do it like the MWO cars maybe the can take a couple more $$ of the price :D

i will be looking into getting a new car soon i like the ones that were up there [ i fit in it ] ;);)