PDA

View Full Version : winter, Lion's head trail

snipandhalf
02-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Anybody out there done that solo in the winter? If so, any details about the trip? Cheers, Will

davidhowland14
02-15-2008, 02:32 PM
I have not done it solo, but it could easily be done solo. No ropes or belays required on any of it. There are about three sections of mixed rock-ice-snow right now, but that could change depending on conditins.

Bill O
02-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Only two people have ever done that route solo....ever.

Just kidding. Yes, of course its been done solo.

As David said it does not require any ropes. The only difference I can see is instead of climbing with a partner, you are climbing alone. Unless of course you go on the weekend then you wont be alone either way.

kaseri
02-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Although you dont NEED ropes on the steep section of Lions Head I always bring some just in case. Rope can come in handy for more reasons than a belay.

rockin rex
02-15-2008, 04:13 PM
The answer to your ? is yes, many have. I am one of them. Now the real ? Would I recommend it. ABSOULETLY NOT!!!!! Though it can be done it is not a wise move. So much can happen on a winter accent of Washington and having a partner is the smartest thing you can do.

Bill O
02-15-2008, 05:47 PM
The answer to your ? is yes, many have. I am one of them. Now the real ? Would I recommend it. ABSOULETLY NOT!!!!! Though it can be done it is not a wise move. So much can happen on a winter accent of Washington and having a partner is the smartest thing you can do.

I second that. I've done it, but I wouldn't recommend it to somebody I don't know.