PDA

View Full Version : Photography/ski get together?

spyboy
02-09-2008, 02:23 PM
I plan on heading back to Wildcat in March to shoot some panos of Mt Washington. Instead of me snowboarding by myself and setting up some shots on isolated trails, why don't we have a little "get together" up on Wildcat? There's quite a few regulars in these forums who love photography (and I'm sure ski or snowboard). I wouldn't be doing any crazy boarding since I'd have quite a bit of expensive camera gear in my backpack, but it would be fun just to cruise around and take photos, and have lunch on the deck and finally put some faces to the names on here :)

We could also do one over at Bretton Woods (much closer for me but Wildcat really puts you up close).

I know it's hard to plan something like a photo session because weather plays a critical role (I usually seem to luck out and get bluebird skies when I shoot panos) but we can set something tentative for now.

Any interest?

Kirk

Charlie
02-09-2008, 02:42 PM
i would love to but i haven't bin on skies in 28yrs and it would be a long drive if the day was not nice
but thanks any way
i'm heading to Vermont next weekend to take my daughter to see her boy friend for the weekend and Rosie and i are going to my sisters cabin in the Adirondack Mountains , hope it snows :D

KD Talbot
02-09-2008, 05:22 PM
I'd be up for it. Would like to learn your technique. Will talk to JimS about joining us. Anyone else?

KDT

spyboy
02-10-2008, 07:04 AM
What works best weekends or weekdays? I'm up for a weekday, less people skiing, and I work from home so I can go ski if I want :)

K

JimS
02-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Weekends work best for me. I have the days to get off on a midweek, but as these things are dependant on an impending forecast, It wouldn't work out with the amount of time needed to clear a day off.

Weekend in march...Lets go for it.

spyboy
02-10-2008, 02:33 PM
I just found my original photos from last year, they were taken April 23, 2007.

But hopefully March will be good, plus we can STILL go in April as well :)

Kirk

KD Talbot
02-10-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm open but would lean toward a weekend if that's what Jim wants to do. I would prefer to wait until calendar winter is over to leave the weekends open to hiking, but will accommodate an over ruling. I guess Jim saw this before I got around to PMing. We could actually all ride together if we can work it out. Thanks for the info Kirk, will check it out.

KDT

spyboy
04-17-2008, 08:59 AM
Ok, I think tomorrow (april 18th) is the Wildcat ski/photography day! 70 degrees and blue skies forecasted!

Anyone interested?

Kirk

Steve M
04-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Ok, I think tomorrow (april 18th) is the Wildcat ski/photography day! 70 degrees and blue skies forecasted!

Anyone interested?

Kirk
Don't think I can catch a flight on that short of notice.;)

JimS
04-17-2008, 10:54 AM
As nice as it sounds, I can't take tomorrow on short notice...

Dang...it does sound perfect!

Brad
04-17-2008, 02:11 PM
My son and I are planning on going back into Tucks early on Saturday. I just have to wake him up as he will be getting back from Chicago late Friday night.

spyboy
04-17-2008, 02:53 PM
I guess I'll have Wildcat to myself tomorrow then :)

I would do a weekend trip, but lugging up camera equipment/tripods will be a pain and there will be too many people on the trails.

Kirk

Brad
04-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Ask them to help.

KD Talbot
04-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Check your private messages.

KDT