PDA

View Full Version : other hikes

njgail11
02-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Me and my husband already hiked up mount washington last august via tukermans ravine. Planning on going up again different route this summer, not sure what route yet, still thinking about it. What i would like to know from any experts out there is what other mountains are good to hike. Looking for an easier hike with some challenges and good sceneries.

Brad
02-10-2008, 06:25 AM
Me and my husband already hiked up mount washington last august via tukermans ravine. Planning on going up again different route this summer, not sure what route yet, still thinking about it. What i would like to know from any experts out there is what other mountains are good to hike. Looking for an easier hike with some challenges and good sceneries.
A nice variation would be to go up Lions Head and down Tuckermans.

On the other side go up Ammo to Lakes of the Clouds, summit, then down the Jewell trail.

KD Talbot
02-10-2008, 09:57 AM
All of the Southern Presidentials are somewhat easier than Washington and offer great views and some challenge. A loops over Webster/Jackson or Pierce/Eisenhower are great hikes and offer outstanding views of the surrounding mountains, including Washington when it's not in the clouds. Another great hike is the Wildcats which offer probably the best views of Washington you will get. This is a challenging hike with steep cliffs and many ups and downs between summits. Maps and descriptions can be found here:

http://www.mountwashington.org/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=28

KDT

FisherCat
02-10-2008, 06:42 PM
You may also like some hikes in the Franconia Range. For instance Mt Liberty via Liberty Springs Trail and Franconia Ridge Trail is a very nice hike, rewarded with excellent views of the Pemi Wilderness, or the many approaches to Lafayette are nice as well.