PDA

View Full Version : MWO Web Site Issues

Brad
11-03-2006, 05:33 AM
Lets use this thread to report issues we may have with the Observatory's web site. In the past I have e-mailed to the webmaster and he fixed things right away. It seems his contract has expired so maybe this is a good way of letting the Summit Staff know.

Brad
11-03-2006, 05:34 AM
The Conditions image is not updating the lower two sections - 24 hour wind speed and 24 hour temperature.

Brad
11-03-2006, 07:34 PM
The Conditions image is not updating the lower two sections - 24 hour wind speed and 24 hour temperature.
This is now fixed. Thank you.

Brad
11-08-2006, 05:43 AM

cliffdestructo
11-08-2006, 08:38 AM
whish you guys would put the observers comments right under the cam photo again it really was a nice touch instead of having to go and find it

killer site great to wake up every day to the excitement and pics from the top to keep me amped to out in it all

Bill O
11-08-2006, 10:08 AM
whish you guys would put the observers comments right under the cam photo again it really was a nice touch instead of having to go and find it

killer site great to wake up every day to the excitement and pics from the top to keep me amped to out in it all

I agree, that was nice. I think the current talk is to make a members only site where you can customize the display layout. I'm guessing you'd be able to put all your favorite windows all on one page. Just rumors.

slctulip
11-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Just as an observation the web camera's time is listed as EDT, shouldn't it be EST now??

I just love this site. Made my first trip up the mountain this past summer. I live in California now, so enjoy being able to see New Hampshire.

Thanks

Sharon

Brad
11-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Just as an observation the web camera's time is listed as EDT, shouldn't it be EST now??

I just love this site. Made my first trip up the mountain this past summer. I live in California now, so enjoy being able to see New Hampshire.

Thanks

Sharon
yes, you are correct. After the time change I told them the time was off and they needed to change from EDT to EST. They did one part of the change, but have not changed the text on the images. They would be better off not having the EST or EDT designation as they did on the Conditions page. Then they would not have to worry about it.

misty
11-09-2006, 12:56 AM
Hi --new to this site , but not to the Whites! Livin' out in WA state, so it's great to at least see my beloved mountains!

Brad
11-09-2006, 05:27 AM
Hi --new to this site , but not to the Whites! Livin' out in WA state, so it's great to at least see my beloved mountains!
Welcome to the site and forum. You will have to do a trip back east to get back on the rockpile.

Brad
11-09-2006, 09:06 PM
The Conditions image is now updating. And the "EDT" is gone off each of the web camera images. So, we are being heard. Thanks!

There is one more image which still needs to be fixed. The file is at http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/cam/mwowidget.jpg and it is a combination of the deck camera image and the Temp-Wind speed-Peak gust-Wind chill all wrapped into one image. This is the file which I grab for the archives. The issue on this file is the Peak Gust shows up as "NULL MPH".

Torden
11-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Mwo widget? I've never seen that image adverised before...

AlpineHikerFan71
11-17-2006, 09:43 PM

Welcome Misty. Hope you like WA, I dont think i can ever leave the Northeast. I just moved to NH and love it here, but at least you can check out the webcams and see the mountain top. So welcome aboard

Brad
11-18-2006, 09:32 AM
Mwo widget? I've never seen that image adverised before...
Caught us behind the scenes.....

The webmaster for the MWO web site combined the normal deck camera image and the temp/wind/wind chill information into one image for me a while ago. This is so I could pull one image to go to the the web camera archiving site. The timing of the camera image and the weather information is normally a bit off - but, it is close enough.

After they produced mwowidget.jpg they put together the Conditions combined image which is excellent. I currently pull the 3 camera images (North, West & Ravines), mwowidget.jpg and Conditions to the MWO site link below in my signature.

MWOwidget.jpg is at
http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/cam/mwowidget.jpg

Brad
11-18-2006, 09:39 AM
Rita,

Your photos are great! Especially the tower one. However, the 3rd link to the TV basement has "JPG" as capital letters. If one changes them to lower case, the link would work.

Can you fix this?

Thanks