PDA

View Full Version : White Birches camping park Shelburne N.H

CHRIS
03-05-2008, 08:18 AM
I am looking to book a camp site for the STP08 and we will be staying for a week. I am trying to find out if anybody has any kind of information on the White Birches camping area in Shelburne N.H. Mainly if it is clean and decent size sites or any info at all. We were looking at Green Meadows but they still do not answer their phone. We also tried Glen Ellis but they were already booked. We have a 35' travel trailer.Any information anybody can give us would be greatly appreciated.
Thank in advance
Chris

KD Talbot
03-05-2008, 09:44 PM
I have camped here. It is adequate, not great. The trailers, like most places, all wind up in the open field, usually packed pretty close. There are showers and bathrooms and a pool. You may want to consider Dolly Copp or Moosebrook. The sites that will fit a 35' rig will be few, though.

http://www.campsnh.com/dollycopp.htm

http://www.nhstateparks.org/state-parks/alphabetical-order/moose-brook-state-park/campground-information.aspx

KDT

CHRIS
03-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the reply but we are really looking for a campground with full hook ups. Does anybody have any experince with Beech Hill or Ammonoosuc campgrounds? They look pretty good on line. They are also pretty close to the Ammonoosuc trail I could hike for STP08. I wanted to do Lions Head and Tucks but I could do that anoother time. It would be an hour drive to get the the dinner after the hike but gotta do what ya gotta do. Thanks in advance for any help.
Chris

JimS
03-06-2008, 04:44 PM
I have stayed at the ammonoosuc campground, it is very nice. However, I've only tent camped there, and haven't seen the RV areas.

The one other one that I would consider, though, is Jefferson Campground on Rt 2. It is very clean, very nice, offers a great view, and has easy in/easy out for RV's.

Hope that helps,
Jim

Rich
03-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the reply but we are really looking for a campground with full hook ups. Does anybody have any experince with Beech Hill or Ammonoosuc campgrounds? They look pretty good on line. They are also pretty close to the Ammonoosuc trail I could hike for STP08. I wanted to do Lions Head and Tucks but I could do that anoother time. It would be an hour drive to get the the dinner after the hike but gotta do what ya gotta do. Thanks in advance for any help.
Chris

We stayed at Beech Hill for the past 4 years for 2 to 3 weeks at a time. Great place! We like it because we can be in franconia or crawford notch in 10 minutes. However, new owners seem to be a little laxed in the upkeep. Sad to see something good start to go bad due to laziness.