PDA

View Full Version : New Webcam Drive...

JimS
03-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Well, it looks like the Obs is at it again...teasing us with beautiful new images from webcams soon to be unveiled. 250 members until we get some new views...

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/cam/attitash/

I think we can make quick work of this!!!

Tell friends, tell family, tell coworkers...I don't think I'm alone in saying that we NEED those views!

Steve M
03-24-2008, 07:07 PM
It's Christmas day all over again!!!!! WOO HOO...Wow, those views will be great! Lets get busy and get those new members!

KD Talbot
03-24-2008, 07:11 PM
I don't know how I missed this, but I posted a similar thread in the photograph section. Bill, if you want to delete mine go ahead. Maybe we should leave it in two places, it might attract more attention.

KDT

spyboy
03-24-2008, 08:12 PM
We need more cameras around the mountain so we do a quicktime object rotation of MW :)

Charlie
03-24-2008, 08:23 PM
We need more cameras around the mountain so we do a quicktime object rotation of MW :)

yes we need more so some of us that cant get there much can get our fix of the mountain :D

Steve M
03-24-2008, 09:02 PM
yes we need more so some of us that cant get there much can get our fix of the mountain :D
i'M WITH YOU cHARLIE!!!

RI Swamp Yankee
03-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Well, ..... this cheap Swamp Yankee just signed up and increased the number by one family membership (my wife & I). Now if this cheap, penny pinching Swamp Yankee from RI can sign up and part with a little over a dollar a week, (less than the cost of one beer a week!) I think most of the good and regular readers that drop by here should consider doing the same. :D

Brad
03-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Gene - we all thank you for your support! And you will like the benefits of membership too.

Steve M
03-25-2008, 08:05 PM
Let me see, if I renew my membership this week will it count toward the 250???;)

Brad
03-25-2008, 08:59 PM
If you increase it to the highest level I am sure we can convince the powers that be . . .

Bill O
03-25-2008, 09:19 PM
That makes me wonder. What's the best way for current members to participate?

Charlie
03-25-2008, 09:44 PM
If you increase it to the highest level I am sure we can convince the powers that be . . .

i say it should
i did it but there was no memberships drive going on at the time

Steve M
03-25-2008, 09:55 PM
That makes me wonder. What's the best way for current members to participate?
A thought I had is if a member contributes at least the price of an individual membership ($45) then it would count in the membership drive as a new member.

Brad
03-26-2008, 05:18 AM
Originally Posted by Brad

i say it should
i did it but there was no memberships drive going on at the time
Wow, I am impressed. Going to the "President" level is a wonderful move. I managed to get to "6288" this year and would like to think I could go higher in the future.

To me a new member is more valuable to the organization that a one time donation for the same amount. Membership speaks of a longer term commitment and therefore, value to MWO. I would argue that raising a level of membership during the web cam drive would have a lot of value.

Steve M
03-26-2008, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by Brad

Wow, I am impressed. Going to the "President" level is a wonderful move. I managed to get to "6288" this year and would like to think I could go higher in the future.

To me a new member is more valuable to the organization that a one time donation for the same amount. Membership speaks of a longer term commitment and therefore, value to MWO. I would argue that raising a level of membership during the web cam drive would have a lot of value.
I see your point, but us crazy webcam addicts will do anything for more webcams.:D

Bill O
03-26-2008, 08:00 AM
I would argue that raising a level of membership during the web cam drive would have a lot of value.

Increasing your level of membership would be a huge gain for MWO. At the individual level quite a bit of your dues go into mailing and publication costs.

fifteendays
03-26-2008, 02:27 PM
Increasing your level of membership would be a huge gain for MWO. At the individual level quite a bit of your dues go into mailing and publication costs.

For individual members, we estimate that it costs the Observatory $16 each year. That factors in producing and mailing Windswept, the cost of the rest of the benefits, the cost of membership renewal mailings, etc. Bill's correct-- as you climb up the membership ladder, the net impact to the Observatory is bigger and bigger.

Bill also asked how you can help if you're already a member. The easiest way is to talk it up with your friends and coworkers and email them through the "Email a Friend" link on the new cam pages.

Actually, that's not the easiest way... We budgeted for $12,500 in income from this membership drive. The absolute easiest way is if someone wrote a check for that amount-- we'd launch the cams tomorrow! (...or as soon as they were installed!)

Kidding aside, bringing more people into the organization and converting more of the 30,000+ people that visit the website each day into supporters is vital to our long term success. Did you know that if only 10% of our web visitors became members, we would nearly double our membership? We would then be able to do so much more each year, such as overhauling our summit museum, replacing vehicles, improving the exterior of our Weather Discovery Center and taking our website to the next level.

We really appreciate all the amazing support we get from all of you in the forums, especially those of you who choose to generously support the Obs. I look forward to STP, where I can say "thanks" to many of you in person.

All the best,

Scot Henley
Executive Director

Brad
03-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Actually, that's not the easiest way... We budgeted for $12,500 in income from this membership drive. The absolute easiest way is if someone wrote a check for that amount-- we'd launch the cams tomorrow! (...or as soon as they were installed!)

Linda - where is that checkbook? Darn, must have misplaced it - again.

Actually, MWO is an easy organization to support. There is a lot of work you do that is visible to us as members. The web cameras are just one and we love them all. Scot, could you imagine having to live in Florida and not having a close up view of MW available all the time? Wow, that would be tough. Membership brings us closer as can be seen with the zoomed in images of the ravines and peaks we all as members get to see.

Steve M
03-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Linda - where is that checkbook? Darn, must have misplaced it - again.

Actually, MWO is an easy organization to support. There is a lot of work you do that is visible to us as members. The web cameras are just one and we love them all. Scot, could you imagine having to live in Florida and not having a close up view of MW available all the time? Wow, that would be tough. Membership brings us closer as can be seen with the zoomed in images of the ravines and peaks we all as members get to see.
Preach it, brother!:cool:

Steve M
03-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Well, I did it. I just went up to Summit Club level and it didn't hurt one bit. It was so easy anyone can do it.:)

Brad
03-27-2008, 05:24 AM
Well, I did it. I just went up to Summit Club level and it didn't hurt one bit. It was so easy anyone can do it.:)
Climb up on that horse in the Panhandle and you might be able to see MW in the distance.

Great move - we all appreciate it.

Bill O
03-27-2008, 06:26 AM
Membership brings us closer

That would be a good slogan...Membership Brings You Closer

Brad
03-27-2008, 07:04 AM
I like it.

RI Swamp Yankee
03-27-2008, 12:49 PM
That makes me wonder. What's the best way for current members to participate?I think doing what you are doing is a great way for members to participate. The members of MWO that post on the forum regularly provide content, interesting glimpses of life on/near the mountain, and an enthusiasm for MWO and it's work that is real.

billysinc
03-27-2008, 12:53 PM
OK I'm in too. I just joined this morning. I'm looking forward to my first edition of Windswept.

Bill O
03-27-2008, 02:41 PM
10% of the way there!

Brad
03-27-2008, 07:10 PM
OK I'm in too. I just joined this morning. I'm looking forward to my first edition of Windswept.
That is wonderful. Bring them on.

we want the web cams.

we want the web cams.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve M
03-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Yay...or however its spelled. It's good to see the momentum picking up. Joining the MWO now is an awesome thing because the more members we have the greater the organization becomes and the more great things that can be provided for us members. The MWO is a fun and growing organization.

Brad
03-30-2008, 08:56 AM
35 new members on our way to 250.

RI Swamp Yankee
04-04-2008, 08:21 PM
As I bump this thread up a little ... Gotta mention that I just got my membership card and issue of Windswept in todays' mail. :D Looking forward to those new cam views.

h2oeco
04-04-2008, 09:02 PM
If MWO came up with a smallish membership drive or general logo, I would be happy to have it on my consulting and photo websites as a link...

I suspect that the are other people on the forums, members or not, who might be willing to do this as well...

Ed

M_Six
04-04-2008, 09:49 PM
I would. Not that I get that much traffic. :o

Brad
04-07-2008, 09:40 PM
60 new members on our way to 250!

Brad
04-09-2008, 01:12 PM
We are stuck at 60 new members. 250 is not far away, but we need folks to sign up.

BlueDog
04-09-2008, 01:24 PM
I just bumped it up one to #73. :)

Steve M
04-09-2008, 02:16 PM
If you frequent these forums and are not a member of the Mount Washington Observatory please consider joining. If you think about it, you receive a vast amount of excellent information about the mountain and surrounding area, including trail conditions and weather info. You receive up to date trip reports as well as hiking tips, gear, and a wealth of knowledgeable and experienced people to ask any question you want to help you while your up in the Whites. Not to mention the great photos from around the region available for your viewing pleasure. These things are just a small part of the Obs. The weather info, the great webcams and movies, the obscast, the gift shop(10% off for members) , having the opportunity to volunteer both on and off the summit, and all the other things available on their website. All these things are made possible and paid for by the MWO. Membership support is the primary funding for this organization and the lifeblood of it. So again, please consider joining and making a great organization even better!

Brad
04-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Amen - and well said.

Brad
04-09-2008, 02:55 PM
I just bumped it up one to #73. :)
BlueDog, thanks. We all appreciate it and welcome your support.

mtruman
04-09-2008, 07:31 PM
If you frequent these forums and are not a member of the Mount Washington Observatory please consider joining. If you think about it, you receive a vast amount of excellent information about the mountain and surrounding area, including trail conditions and weather info. You receive up to date trip reports as well as hiking tips, gear, and a wealth of knowledgeable and experienced people to ask any question you want to help you while your up in the Whites. Not to mention the great photos from around the region available for your viewing pleasure. These things are just a small part of the Obs. The weather info, the great webcams and movies, the obscast, the gift shop(10% off for members) , having the opportunity to volunteer both on and off the summit, and all the other things available on their website. All these things are made possible and paid for by the MWO. Membership support is the primary funding for this organization and the lifeblood of it. So again, please consider joining and making a great organization even better!
Steve's plea finally gave me the nudge I needed. Add one more member to the list. I've gotten so much enjoyment (and good information) from these forums in the last few months that this alone makes the cost of membership worthwhile. The mission of the MWO is the main thing though. As I researched all the good things that are done by the Observatory in the course of building my pledge drive for STP I realized what a great cause this really is. I've only mentioned STP to a couple of folks so far and have $150 in pledges already. The rest of my fundraising drive emails are going out this week and hopefully have an equally good response!

As to the membership benefits - just watched the sunrise video for the first time and realized what I've been missing. Next best thing to being there...

Bring on the new web cams!

Steve M
04-10-2008, 08:43 AM
Thanks mtruman, The more the merrier I say.:D

Brad
04-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Thanks mtruman, The more the merrier I say.:D
When we get to 250 more, we will all be merrier.

Brad
04-10-2008, 08:48 AM
As to the membership benefits - just watched the sunrise video for the first time and realized what I've been missing. Next best thing to being there...

Bring on the new web cams!
Check out the Ravines Sunrise video this morning! What a great example of a perfectly clear, cloudless day - blue sky - and the MW summit socked in with clouds roaring by through the whole video.

I just saved the video it is so great.

Steve M
04-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Check out the Ravines Sunrise video this morning! What a great example of a perfectly clear, cloudless day - blue sky - and the MW summit socked in with clouds roaring by through the whole video.

I just saved the video it is so great.
More and more rock is being exposed on MW. It's starting to lose it's winter blanket.

BlueDog
04-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Can someone please point me to these videos? Can seem to find them for some reason.

Bill O
04-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Can someone please point me to these videos? Can seem to find them for some reason.

Are you a member? Do you have a member account on the MWO website?

mtruman
04-10-2008, 05:33 PM
They are on the right side of all the webcam pages under the "additional cam views" section on the right.

Main webcam page: http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/cam/ (http://www.mountwashington.org/forums/../weather/cam/)

Charlie
04-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Are you a member? Do you have a member account on the MWO website?
he must if he has a seek the peak page .

here http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/cam/ravines/

mtruman
04-10-2008, 05:42 PM
he must if he has a seek the peak page .

Actually, you can create a STP page as long as you have an MWO website account (which doesn't require being an MWO member). I figured this out by accident when I was creating my STP page and realized that I needed to create an account. Of course this should perhaps be kept a secret so that all STP participants have to join :cool:

Brad
04-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Some cameras do not have zoomed in pictures or videos - but most do. For example, go to the ravines camera page. On the right are thumbnails for individual ravines. Under them is a film strip for the sunrise video.

BlueDog
04-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the links!

And yes, as of three days ago I am now a full fledged MWO member! (Embarrassed to admit that its taken since the last STP for me to sign up.)

h2oeco
04-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Just signed up my sister/brother-in-law/niece/nephew for a (gift) family membership...

:-)

Ed

Brad
04-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Just signed up my sister/brother-in-law/niece/nephew for a (gift) family membership...

:-)

Ed
Sounds like a great gift idea. We all appreciate it. Now I wonder if my dog would like a membership.

Steve M
04-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Sounds like a great gift idea. We all appreciate it. Now I wonder if my dog would like a membership.
If your dog looks at the webcams then I would say yes.

Brad
04-12-2008, 02:07 PM
If your dog looks at the webcams then I would say yes.
Woof woof woof

Brad
04-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Actually, maybe we can get management to alter the web cam drive. An individual membership brings in $45. So, if they are shooting for 250 members, they want to get $11,250.

What if we got 11 President's Club members at $1,000 each and a "231" Club member for $275, we would be over the top. And we would have our web cameras faster. Lets go for value ($quality$) as opposed to quantity.

Steve M
04-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Actually, maybe we can get management to alter the web cam drive. An individual membership brings in $45. So, if they are shooting for 250 members, they want to get $11,250.

What if we got 11 President's Club members at $1,000 each and a "231" Club member for $275, we would be over the top. And we would have our web cameras faster. Lets go for value ($quality$) as opposed to quantity.
That sounds good but we also need to have those new members commit to at least 5 years of renewals at that level.

Brad
04-12-2008, 05:12 PM
That sounds good but we also need to have those new members commit to at least 5 years of renewals at that level.
Sure - not a problem.

Steve M
04-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Looks like we are stuck at 80 new members right now. Thought I would bump this thread to the top and encourage all you out there that are right on the edge of joining to go for it. Show your support for a great organization and a great website!:)

Santa
04-17-2008, 08:04 PM
For those of you on the forums that aren't members, you better sign up! I'll be cross referencing my "nice" list with the MWO membership list this year...

Almost time to put the sled away for the summer, but you might see me on foot for Seek the Peak. I'll be in disguise, but keep an eye out...

Santa

Steve M
04-17-2008, 09:29 PM
For those of you on the forums that aren't members, you better sign up! I'll be cross referencing my "nice" list with the MWO membership list this year...

Almost time to put the sled away for the summer, but you might see me on foot for Seek the Peak. I'll be in disguise, but keep an eye out...

Santa
Thanks for jumping in here Santa, it looks like you have encouraged one more new member today. And to whomever joined today we all say thank you and welcome!:)

Bill O
04-29-2008, 04:19 PM
The new member count just spiked over 100. We are getting close.

Brad
04-29-2008, 04:55 PM
A great jump to 103 new members. I know I have been talking it up with friends - and hope they have joined. Maybe my dog needs to be a member.

103 feels like halfway to 250. We are almost there!

Steve M
04-29-2008, 10:18 PM
A great jump to 103 new members. I know I have been talking it up with friends - and hope they have joined. Maybe my dog needs to be a member.

103 feels like halfway to 250. We are almost there!
WHAT???? I thought we had that settled. Your dog was to join weeks ago!:confused: :)

Brad
04-30-2008, 05:47 AM
WHAT???? I thought we had that settled. Your dog was to join weeks ago!:confused: :)
His short term memory is really bad.

Brad
06-04-2008, 06:49 PM
173 new members have signed up. Just a few to go to our goal of 250. Almost there - and we will see the 2 new cameras. Mike D are you ready for us? The cameras are all set to be turned on?

Brad
06-23-2008, 07:23 PM
We are at 190 new members for the membership drive. Seems slow going but we are on the downhill slope heading to 250.

Patrad Fischroy
07-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Shouldn't be too long now

Brad
07-02-2008, 02:31 PM
All downhill from here.

I will be set to archive these new camera images along with the other ones once the cameras come online.

Brad
07-09-2008, 04:24 PM
We are at 213! Way to go folks. Now for just a few more.

Steve M
07-12-2008, 08:15 AM
Won't be long now, were at 216. Hopefully they will be on by STP.

Brad
07-15-2008, 10:40 AM
I sure hope the MWO support folks are ready with those new cameras. I am ready now to see what they look like. Lets get a last minute rush in new memberships to get them turned on.

Brad
07-30-2008, 07:59 AM
In final preparation for the two new cameras coming online, the albums are all set to receive the images. If I guessed the image file names right, the upload process is also running. I just placed a sample file inline for each process. So, right now there is an off-topic image in each album just to make sure the process is working.

Once the cameras come online, let me know and I will make sure the process is working both at Fotki and with my gathering steps on the computer in Maine. This has all been running for over a month for testing - just to be ready for when we get to the 250 new membership mark. We are almost there! Hopefully the person opening the mail and keeping track of the new memberships is not on vacation also. ;)

We need just a few more new members and the Jackson and Attitash cameras are online. We are in the final stage (hmmm, this is not the Tour). Lets complete this drive!

Charlie
07-30-2008, 08:22 PM
i wonder how many people joined or upped there membership during STP

Caffeine Addict
07-30-2008, 08:35 PM
i became a member :D

Brad
07-30-2008, 09:06 PM
i became a member :D
Wonderful! And the web page has not been updated. So, the official counter may be on vacation.

Caffeine Addict
07-30-2008, 09:11 PM
i emailed them today to find out whats going on and this is what they told me in the email

"We will try to process those new memberships by early next week.
Then you will get a membership card in the mail, with your member id number.
Then you can go on the sight and create your account.
Thanks for joining.
We are still getting caught up from all the Event aftermath!

MaryAnn Guerrieri
Membership & Donor Relations Coordinator
Mount Washington Observatory
603-356-2137 Ext 206 "

Brad
08-04-2008, 12:44 PM
We are at 230 new members now. Getting closer.

Steve M
08-04-2008, 06:56 PM
I talked to Mike D about this Wednesday evening and he said that the website count is accurate and that they don't count memberships purchased in the gift shop on the summit if they are the intro membership because they are good only for 6 mos. For what I understand they will be ready when the 250 mark is reached.

Brad
08-04-2008, 09:45 PM
I am sure they are working hard behind the scenes to get the new cameras set up and working. I am more than ready to see the two new cameras online.

Almost there!

Mike D
08-05-2008, 10:35 AM
The member count is definitely accurate, but it is not in real time. As you have noticed, the number stayed the same for a couple days around Seek the Peak while our Membership team was working on the event. But don't worry, we will be ready when we reach 250.

The drive has not progressed as quickly as the Presidentials cam drive did, and that is because of the coolness factor and the time of year. The February view of Mt Washington from Bretton Woods enticed many winter enthusiasts to join. I can only speculate what influences the actions of our web visitors, but I think that this wet and foggy summer is ruining the view, and therefore the appeal of new cams.

Some time in the Fall, long after these cams have premiered, we will see the first cool, clear, and dry day after a riming event. That will be fun to see.

Brad
08-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Mike, thanks for all your hard work to get these cameras set up and online for us. I can see you hiking and climbing around to get them in place - back to the office to find they need to be changed - and back on site again. We appreciate it!

Brad
08-06-2008, 06:05 PM
236 on the way to 250 - and counting.

KathyC
08-07-2008, 08:14 PM
I can't wait!!! Especially for the one from Jackson, I Love it there. Happy memories...:o

Steve M
08-08-2008, 07:29 AM
Bring on the views!:D

Brad
08-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Lets assume the cameras are mounted and aimed at the right general direction (and the trusty crew putting them in place have not been struck by lightening). How will they aim the cameras at the right spots to get the public view and any close up views as Premium content? They can not see anything inside of Steve's Pea Soup.

Steve M
08-08-2008, 10:08 AM
They have a new high tech pea soup penetration device developed on the summit by the interns...oopps...I wasn't supposed to tell.

Mike D
08-08-2008, 03:37 PM
They have a new high tech pea soup penetration device developed on the summit by the interns...oopps...I wasn't supposed to tell.

It is a spoon.

Brad
08-11-2008, 01:44 PM
We are at 245 new memberships - 5 to go and we will reach our goal of 250.

Bring on the new web cameras.

Brad
08-12-2008, 11:21 AM
I have checked the count every hour on the hour all through the night (ya right) and it still says 245. Please, someone take me out of my agony and sign up for membership in a great organization!

hobbes
08-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Hey Brad, was that you on RT 302 with the sign that read "Free water ski rides with Obs membership sign up"? ;)

Brad
08-12-2008, 12:11 PM
We might have to do that for these last 5 memberships. But, I thought it was for "slide" rides.

Charlie
08-12-2008, 12:30 PM
ok if you are the last 5 people to get membership you will have your dinner served by me at the STP2009

and i will smile to :)

faegilr
08-12-2008, 03:47 PM
As a birthday present to myself, I just signed up as a member of the Obs :)

Now, what was that about free water ski rides? :D

Brad
08-12-2008, 03:57 PM
As a birthday present to myself, I just signed up as a member of the Obs :)

Now, what was that about free water ski rides? :D
Wow! Congratulations on becoming a new member.

I will be quitting work today at 5PM - will get the boat gassed up - then have a few kids to take bumper tubing and waterskiing - then it is your turn. So, be at the dock at 6:00 PM today. It is called same day service.

And Charlie has to get his list together for who he will be serving at STP2009.

faegilr
08-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Wow, you can make it up to Boston in that short a time? Impressive! Good thing I live on the water.

Can't wait for my turkey dinner next year ;)

Brad
08-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Wow, you can make it up to Boston in that short a time? Impressive! Good thing I live on the water.

I live on the water and am working from home in Maine this week. I tried to fly from Portland to NC on Sunday and everything was canceled due to bad weather. Went back to the airport at noon on Monday and again everything was canceled. Now they are getting all those delayed folks out as well as trying to handle normal traffic. They could not get me back to NC for 2-3 days, so I went home and will work from there this week. Getting stuff done makes more sense than wasting time in a airport.

Driving is so much easier.

Oh, in my note above - you need to be at my dock at 6PM.

Charlie
08-12-2008, 05:37 PM

thanks for joining and you will love it

didn't i say i will not make it next year :eek:

i would be glad to have dinner with you next year we all had a good time sitting together this year

Steve M
08-12-2008, 07:23 PM
It's time for all you wonderful forum members and visitors who have been enjoying the forums to step up to the plate and push us over the top. Just 5 more members and those two new cameras with be live for all to enjoy! Just think of the views this winter! Not to mention all the wonderful benefits of membership (http://www.mountwashington.org/about/membership/) in the MWO.

Charlie
08-12-2008, 07:29 PM
it should only be 4 more faegilr joined and it did not change yet

donnellyvj
08-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Hey Brad! I joined last week over the phone (couldn't do it from work). Do you know how long it take to get the info to sign on by mail? Thanks for the help.

Charlie
08-12-2008, 07:33 PM
should take a week or so

i don't remember they may send you a e mail ?

thanks for joining

Brad
08-12-2008, 07:39 PM
I really do not know the answer as I joined many years ago.

Steve M
08-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Yes, thanks for joining all who have recently joined! And for those who haven't yet...what are you waiting for, an invitation?:D

donnellyvj
08-12-2008, 07:53 PM
TY Guys. I will be checking mail daily. I can go on the MWO site at work and I hope it will let me sign on from here. crossing my fingers.....

RI Swamp Yankee
08-13-2008, 01:05 PM
.. Do you know how long it take to get the info to sign on by mail? ....I signed up on line and got a same day reply with membership number and mail reply and issue of Windswept in about a week.

Welcome donnellyvj

RI Swamp Yankee
08-13-2008, 01:09 PM
... I just signed up as a member of the Obs :) ...

Welcome faegilr
Happy Birthday

donnellyvj
08-13-2008, 02:50 PM
I signed up on line and got a same day reply with membership number and mail reply and issue of Windswept in about a week.

Welcome donnellyvj

Wind Swept and my card came this morning. Can't sign on at work and computer at home is very angry. Need to buy new one and need to find a deal. BUMMED

faegilr
08-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Welcome faegilr
Happy Birthday

Thanks! :) My grandma told me to buy something for myself...so I did :)

Brad
08-13-2008, 05:03 PM
Thanks! :) My grandma told me to buy something for myself...so I did :)
She is one smart lady and you are too.

Brad
08-13-2008, 05:09 PM
What will the views be like from the new cameras at Attitash and Jackson? If there are additional zoomed in images, what would they be of?

Will they give us good fall color views? Any ideas folks?

Charlie
08-15-2008, 04:35 PM
ok we still need 5 more is this count right

it is taking waaaaaay to long :eek:

Brad
08-15-2008, 05:19 PM
ok we still need 5 more is this count right

it is taking waaaaaay to long :eek:
Maybe Rosie wants to be a member?

RI Swamp Yankee
08-20-2008, 12:48 PM
I see pictures from Jackson today . . . :) :) :)

Insert picture of old Swamp Yankee with big grin here !!!

Brad
08-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Yippy Skippy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Jackson camera is online and I hear the Attitash camera will be along "soon" as the last issues get worked out. The Jackson image archive is now open to the public also at http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2008/jackson-archive/

Charlie
08-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Maybe Rosie wants to be a member?

Rosie needs a job first

Brad
08-21-2008, 06:11 AM
MW sunrise from the Jackson camera on day #1.

AWESOME! Viewing fall colors should be nice from this camera.

http://images41.fotki.com/v1299/photos/1/1002902/6059833/20080821_060438_jackson-vi.jpg

JimS
08-21-2008, 06:47 AM
Hurray! Congrats to the obs, and thanks to all the new members...

Steve M
08-21-2008, 08:08 AM
I love it! It's beautiful. Thanks to all the new members and the OBS for this great location!:)

JimS
08-21-2008, 10:41 AM
I love the zooms off that new camera, especially the one into carter notch.

Brad
08-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Thank you for your interest in the Mount Washington Observatory Webcam Network. If you are one of the new members who helped complete our membership drive, we especially want to thank you. The unprecedented rain and lightning that this season has brought us, has made it difficult to work in remote mountain locations. We are very near a successful end to the webcam installation and will begin displaying images here as soon as we can. Again, thank you for the support you provide the Observatory. We apologize for the delay.
This is on the Attitash web camera placeholder page.

Brad
08-27-2008, 05:33 AM
We have had a series of really good weather days. Maybe our IT-web camera-tower climbing-wire splicing-final adjusting crew were able to get out to the Attitash camera and get that closer to being ready to turn on.

We are probably almost there. I can feel the new view about to come on.

Brad
08-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Attitash camera is online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The archived images can be seen at http://public.fotki.com/MWO/saved/2008/attitash-archive/

Brad
08-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Here is an image on a clearer day showing what the main view from this camera will be like.

http://images38.fotki.com/v1223/photos/1/1002902/6059832/20080827_180652_attitash-vi.jpg

Bill O
08-29-2008, 10:26 AM
What's the final frontier? The long view from Littleton or somewhere north on US 2. The alpenglow is amazing from those locations during winter sunsets.

Brad
08-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Pretty soon we will need a MWO Snowshoe Crew to go around the check the remote web cameras.

Patrad Fischroy
08-29-2008, 11:43 AM
What's the final frontier? The long view from Littleton or somewhere north on US 2. The alpenglow is amazing from those locations during winter sunsets.

http://www.springsgov.com/units/pikespeak/cam7.asp

It could be this view if they can overcome the resolution issue

(and I guess the earth's curvature while they are at it :) )

Brad
08-29-2008, 01:07 PM
A big thanks to the crew for installing and setting up these cameras. We love them - the cameras, that is.