PDA

View Full Version : Race to the Top

MeridenFF
03-26-2008, 02:30 PM
As many of you might have been reading Great Guinness Ghost and I currently have a little side bet to see who can collect the most amount of money. The one that wins will be rewarded by the loser carrying a beer to the top for a celebatory toast. Just curious if any one else has anything fun bets going on. This event is great already but friendly competition only makes it more fun. And when you get to the top look for us we will be the only two totally out of breath and but enjoying a nice stout!

KD Talbot
03-26-2008, 07:59 PM
This is cool! Hey, nothing against Guinness, I love Guinness. It is the Stout that all other stouts wish they were, but have you tried this?

http://www.tuckermanbrewing.com/thebrews.htm

Scroll down to 6288 Stout. They served it last year at STP and the proceeds went to the Obs. If I see you at STP I'll buy you both one!

KDT

Great Guinness Ghost
03-26-2008, 08:24 PM
This is cool! Hey, nothing against Guinness, I love Guinness. It is the Stout that all other stouts wish they were, but have you tried this?

http://www.tuckermanbrewing.com/thebrews.htm

Scroll down to 6288 Stout. They served it last year at STP and the proceeds went to the Obs. If I see you at STP I'll buy you both one!

KDT

You're absolutely right! 6288 stout is a fine substitute. I had a couple, three, four last year. Every donation helps right?
( In fact, I think I'll have MeridenFF bring one of each for me. I don't know where he gets this notion that I'll be out of breath?) Anyhow, thanks for your generous offer. I'm not only looking forward to the hike, but meeting other people we've talked to.

MeridenFF
03-27-2008, 02:17 PM
6288 Stout. I do recall tasting one or two of them at the after party and boy were they tasty. I can't wait to see what there is to taste this year.

GGG.. As for you being out of breath, carrying the extra few beers for us to enjoy will certainly make any one out of breath, not to mention the mountain you are carrying them up! Did you forget that part?

Can't wait to meet everyone at the top. If we can only get STP to set up a cooler of the stouts at the top.

JimS
03-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Can't wait to meet everyone at the top. If we can only get STP to set up a cooler of the stouts at the top.

I applaud both of your efforts in rasing extra money for the obs, and in great spirit and spirits.

Brad
03-28-2008, 06:20 AM
I figure Steve will have a special message board treat table set up for us.

Great Guinness Ghost
03-29-2008, 02:51 PM
6288 Stout. I do recall tasting one or two of them at the after party and boy were they tasty. I can't wait to see what there is to taste this year.

GGG.. As for you being out of breath, carrying the extra few beers for us to enjoy will certainly make any one out of breath, not to mention the mountain you are carrying them up! Did you forget that part?

MOUNTAIN!!! I thought I was walking from Dolly Copp to the Auto road. There's always a catch.

Steve M
03-29-2008, 07:25 PM
MOUNTAIN!!! I thought I was walking from Dolly Copp to the Auto road. There's always a catch.
You must CLIMB before you can enjoy a cold one!:D

Great Guinness Ghost
03-29-2008, 07:34 PM
You must CLIMB before you can enjoy a cold one!:D

Okay, Okay. However, a van ride down is fair game right? after all I'll have a designated driver!

Steve M
03-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Okay, Okay. However, a van ride down is fair game right? after all I'll have a designated driver!
If I could ride the Cog down last year you can take the Van.

MeridenFF
03-31-2008, 08:18 PM
I think if we all pack some roller blades after a beer and the walk up the ride back down would certainly be fun! Ok since that won't work. I am calling the second seat in the van.

Steve M
04-01-2008, 08:45 PM
I think if we all pack some roller blades after a beer and the walk up the ride back down would certainly be fun! Ok since that won't work. I am calling the second seat in the van.
Yea, how far do you think you will get before they are pealing you off a tree or out of a pile of rocks?:eek:

KD Talbot
04-01-2008, 09:14 PM
With the snowpack this year, we'll be able to ski back down.

KDT

Brad
04-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Maybe STP stands for Ski The Peak?

MeridenFF
04-06-2008, 03:17 PM
If I tried to go back down on Rollerblades STP would stand for SEEK the PARAMEDIC!

Great Guinness Ghost
04-06-2008, 05:27 PM
If I tried to go back down on Rollerblades STP would stand for SEEK the PARAMEDIC!

Yep, it'd be an ambulance for you, and more beer for me!

MeridenFF
04-07-2008, 02:58 PM
What makes you think that just because I would be taking the ambulance the rest of the way down the mountain, that I wouldn't take the beer with me.

Don't worry I just went for a hike and put an extra 20 pounds in the pack, that is practice for the beer.

Steve M
04-07-2008, 08:24 PM
What makes you think that just because I would be taking the ambulance the rest of the way down the mountain, that I wouldn't take the beer with me.

Don't worry I just went for a hike and put an extra 20 pounds in the pack, that is practice for the beer.
At least drinking beer on the way to the hospital will help with the pain!:D

Great Guinness Ghost
04-08-2008, 07:28 PM

It gets lighter as you drink it!

Great Guinness Ghost
04-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Recently a lot of the posts have beer as the main theme. I figured I'd change up a bit. How is this Flatbread pizza place? Anybody ever eaten there? And....do they serve beer????