PDA

View Full Version : North Conway Humane Society in trouble

bclark
03-29-2008, 09:40 AM
I got an email from the executive director of the Conway Humane Society, our mascot Marty's former home, letting me know that they are in danger of having to close their doors.

This organization provides a great service to the community and it would be an absolute shame to see it have to close. I can't even imagine where all the animals they currently have in the shelter would go. Of course, it is well known that they were generous enough to donate Marty to us after Nin retired.

Anyone that is willing to and can help keep the Conway Humane Society going, visit their donation page here:

http://www.conwayshelter.org/pages/donations.html

Browse around their site while you're there. It's always fun to check out all the animals that are looking for good homes.

JimS
03-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the heads up Brian, they were very helpful to us when we were looking for Virga. And though we ultimately found the right pet for us at Harvest Hills in Fryburg, I certainly appreciate the great care that they give the animals in Conway. Plus...former obs employes currently work there...

KD Talbot
03-30-2008, 10:47 AM
This is absolutely a great organization run by caring people. I have stayed in contact with the former member Jim speaks of and have tried to help out as much as possible. I recently donated some items for their auction. I will try to make a cash donation soon.

One thing that is always appreciated is food for the animals and litter, wood shavings and hay. This way you know exactly where your money went. You can drop stuff off right there on your next trip up. This let's them use the money towards other things. Go to their Wish List and see what you can do!

KDT