PDA

View Full Version : Mount Washington Chair Lift

Bill O
04-01-2008, 07:58 AM
I just heard this on DPR. Wildcat was granted approval to expand across Route 16 and install chairlifts to the summit of Mount Washington. In order to have minimal impact they will be installing a classic 2 seat chair to the summit. Although it wont be completed until 2011, they plan on offering over 1000 acres of skiing both above treeline and in the forest below.

A poma lift will be installed in Tuckerman Ravine and will operate until June. HoJo's will be transformed into a traditional day lodge for skiers. Like Alta in Utah Mount Washington will be for skiers only.

Looks like the boarders will have to keep hiking Tuckerman Ravine Trail. Dodging skiers at the same time because they are planning on widening that trail for easier skiing.

climbabout
04-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Ok - I'll bite - April Fools?
Tim

Bill O
04-01-2008, 08:18 AM
Ok - I'll bite - April Fools?
Tim

That's nuts....just listen to DPR.

Either way, I can't be bothered with this. I'm working on my Gmail Custom Time:
http://mail.google.com/mail/help/customtime/index.html

Brad
04-01-2008, 08:27 AM
They said they would have lots of hot tubs at HoJo's. Very nice plan.

Bretton Woods Brat
04-01-2008, 08:35 AM
This is wrong, just wrong...:mad:

Bill O
04-01-2008, 08:37 AM
This is wrong, just wrong...:mad:

Clearly you've never been in a hot tub. How can it be so wrong when it feels so right?

edog2007
04-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Bwhaaaaaaaaaaa
:cool:

Brad
04-01-2008, 09:04 AM
This is progress.

Patrad Fischroy
04-01-2008, 09:07 AM
So that is why they ran the power lines up to the summit. All this talk about "science" and the even more far fetched "meteorology"

Rich
04-01-2008, 10:16 AM
I heard the same. In addition, trails will be cut on the West side of the mountain and a high speed detachable quad will give the option of sending you up from the Cog area. Pretty sweet, huh?

mtruman
04-01-2008, 10:36 AM
That's nuts....just listen to DPR.

Either way, I can't be bothered with this. I'm working on my Gmail Custom Time:
http://mail.google.com/mail/help/customtime/index.html

Clearly we need an implementation from Google of Custom Time for this forum. All the future (I mean past) snowfall, wind, temp competitions will be much more interesting! Happy March 31st. :cool:

I'm all for hot tubs at HoJo's. Think they'll be ready by STP?

RI Swamp Yankee
04-01-2008, 12:22 PM
The best part .... All day lift ticket price only $5.

spyboy
04-01-2008, 03:27 PM
I read they were going to drill deep into the Earth to hit a geothermal vent. They're using equipment flown over from a closed South African diamond mine. It will be fun watching that equipment go up the auto road.

But it will be worth it for those warm mineral baths to soothe the aching hiker.

They said they would have lots of hot tubs at HoJo's. Very nice plan.

KD Talbot
04-01-2008, 03:39 PM
This just in: excavation has begun on the Great Gulf to turn it into the world's largest half-pipe. Access provided by the Cog.

KDT

edog2007
04-01-2008, 04:06 PM
I read somewhere that Mount Washington is a missile silo.

Bill O
04-01-2008, 04:07 PM
This just in: excavation has begun on the Great Gulf to turn it into the world's largest half-pipe. Access provided by the Cog.

KDT

Wilderness areas were made for exploitation.

When we start taking down all those excess trees on Mount Washington it will fee like a much taller mountain with a lower treeline.

spyboy
04-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Everyone that drives up the auto road has to bring 2 pocketfuls of dirt, so we can increase the height of the summit!

Wilderness areas were made for exploitation.

When we start taking down all those excess trees on Mount Washington it will fee like a much taller mountain with a lower treeline.

Bill O
04-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Everyone that drives up the auto road has to bring 2 pocketfuls of dirt, so we can increase the height of the summit!

6,300 feet is well within reach.

Steve M
04-01-2008, 08:38 PM
For those of you who did not know, the MWO is only a front...The real deal is they are an eastern version of area 51. They have a huge lab under the mountain where there are many types of aliens that they are doing research on. It is also the sight where they are building the space ship they will use to go to Mars in. They stole the technology from Martians.

Bill O
04-01-2008, 08:45 PM
For those of you who did not know, the MWO is only a front...The real deal is they are an eastern version of area 51. They have a huge lab under the mountain where there are many types of aliens that they are doing research on. It is also the sight where they are building the space ship they will use to go to Mars in. They stole the technology from Martians.

You're banned. You know too much.

KD Talbot
04-01-2008, 08:45 PM

Something similar was actually proposed for Mount Moosilaukee. An early hotel proprietor, disappointed that "The Moose" was not the highest mountain, proposed that every summit visitor bring a rock, thereby increasing the height until it surpassed Washington.

Then someone figured out it would take about a million years.

KDT

spyboy
04-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Is that what this movie is about (well, in England)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112966/

I've never seen it...

K