PDA

View Full Version : Planet Green preview tonight in TLC

spyboy
04-26-2008, 06:42 AM
check out TLC tonight (saturday) from 7-8pm, for a preview of Planet Green, Discovery's new environmental channel that will launch on June 1st .

http://tinyurl.com/56hvto

there's 2 shows on:

7-7:30 = Wa$ted
7:30-8 = Greenovate

Kirk

Bill O
04-26-2008, 08:16 AM
Thanks, I'll check those out.

I hope they don't have any shows about how ethanol is the way to the future. It will be a death blow to the station if Al Gore has a show touting how converting the world's food supply into gasoline is a good idea.

spyboy
04-28-2008, 04:37 AM
The first show, Wa$ted was horrible. It's about on par with most of TLC's home shows, where they turn renovation (this time, energy conservation, recycling, etc) into a mini game show (if you can save money we'll give you your savings over a year in cash).

Greenovate looks more interesting, but I stopped it a few minutes in, because I had to get back to packing for the move. I'll finish that one tonight.

Brad
04-28-2008, 07:53 AM
Yes, you move is close upon you! Have a good time and am SOOOO sorry I can not be there to help.

spyboy
04-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Yes, Wednesday is almost here.

I was thinking about setting up bird feeders and a webcam, until KD told me that the bears will go after the feeders. I looked up the NH Fish & Game page, and found the info..

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Wildlife/Somethings_Bruin.htm

"Take down, clean and put away bird feeders by April 1. Store the bird feeder until late fall. (Birds will do just fine with the natural foods available.) Bear damage to bird feeders is a common and growing spring complaint."

Maybe I'll setup an infrared "bear-cam" :)

bikehikeskifish
04-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Anyone ever have a feeder attacked by deer? Mine was. Or maybe it was a bear, wearing deer-paw boots?

Sorry for the thread hijack... but it really did happen. Ripped the cage off the outside and everything.

Tim

spyboy
04-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Nah, it's not a thread hijack, we're just changing directions. It's because I mentioned moving and then Brad asked, yeah, it's Brad's fault...

Kirk

Brad
04-28-2008, 08:50 PM
I am used to it. Things are always my fault. Especially those things that worked fine for others and I broke somehow by being nearby.

You might think about hummingbird feeders. We normally have lots of flowers on the deck and also have a hummingbird feeder. It is quite common to have 3-5 hummingbirds out around the deck at one time.

KD Talbot
04-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Bears might like those, too! Yumm!

KDT

spyboy
04-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Yummingbirds :)

Bears might like those, too! Yumm!

KDT

Bill O
04-29-2008, 09:27 PM
There is a show on Discovery this weekend about how the town of Greensburg, KS is being rebuilt with green technology.

If you're not familiar with Greensburg, the entire town was literally wiped off the map by a tornado last year.

Steve M
04-29-2008, 10:16 PM
There is a show on Discovery this weekend about how the town of Greensburg, KS is being rebuilt with green technology.

If you're not familiar with Greensburg, the entire town was literally wiped off the map by a tornado last year.
Thanks for the heads up. I remember that storm. I'll have to check it out.