PDA

View Full Version : things i like about hikin' the northern peaks

bruno
05-19-2006, 09:36 AM
besides the hikin' itself, i really like lowe's store when the wood-burning stove is goin'. smells good.:)

and moat mountain brewery after hikin' all day after the sun sets. clompin' in in your boots and sittin' at the bar and makin' a meal of appetizers and beers--it don't get much better than that!:)

i'm sure i can come up with more, but what are some other non-hikin' or peripheral pleasures of hikin' up there for you?

fifteendays
05-19-2006, 11:02 PM
I've started several hikes with a full plate of corned beef hash from Yesterday's in Jackson. Mmmmmm... Seriously, the best corned beef hash in the free world.

And like you said, finishing up at the Moat with a pint or two of Square Tail does a body good.

Those of us who live here in the MWV are lucky because we have so many outstanding restaurants to choose from. 1785 Inn. Thompson House. Bellini's. Horsefeather's. Thorn Hill. Cafe Norte. Darby Field. There's so many and they're so varied. We hit Flatbread's tonight for some pizza and beverages, with toddler and 2-month old in tow. That's an easy one-- wrap up the day at the MWO and head across the street.

Not officially thread-related, but hiking begins and ends with a full belly!

bruno
05-20-2006, 08:36 AM
oh yeah duder! on my way up sometimes if'n i go up 93 i stop at munroe's in twin mountain for the vaunted "hungryman's breakfast". ummm ummm good!! (clean toilets there too!!).

but to reiterate: da brews at moat mountain!!! boy howdy!!!:) :) :)

post'r boy
05-22-2006, 07:46 AM
the chances of runnin' into my buddy bruno are greatly increased!!!:D plus the m.m.b. for their I.P.A. :D visitin' bruno and maryann at hikers paradise!!:D

MelNino
05-22-2006, 10:21 AM
Sounds like heaven, Bruno. I'm hiking up Mt Washington in June for the first time, I am so excited!

davidhowland14
05-22-2006, 10:02 PM
hope you get good weather for your first visit, just don't go father's day weekend, that's when im going, so the weather will be bad

MelNino
05-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Well, two of us going up are metetorologists....so of course we will get bad weather. (two metetorolgists caught in freak storm....they didn't see it coming)

bruno
05-23-2006, 03:30 PM
the chances of runnin' into my buddy bruno are greatly increased!!!:D plus the m.m.b. for their I.P.A. :D visitin' bruno and maryann at hikers paradise!!:D

speakin' o' hiker's paradise, make sure ya get the teenage mutant ninja turtle sheets from maryann!!!:) :) :) :) :) :)