PDA

View Full Version : Lodging..

Bretton Woods Brat
04-28-2008, 07:45 AM
Looking for a place to stay the night before volunteering in June! Would like to stay in Jackson, anyone have a favorite place? :)

bclark
04-28-2008, 08:46 AM
Depends on what you're looking to spend. In my experience, most places in Jackson are a bit pricey.

Most volunteers that want to stay close by the night before stay at the Joe Dodge Lodge at the AMC Pinkham Notch. You can get more info here:

www.outdoors.org/lodging/lodges/pnvc/

The rates are pretty cheap and breakfast is included. Plus you're a 5 minute drive away from meeting us at the base of the Auto Road.

Bill O
04-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Even if you got a private room at Pinkham it would still be cheaper than most places in Jackson. You might want to double check that though.

I can tell you where not to stay in Jackson.

Bretton Woods Brat
04-28-2008, 06:24 PM
I did check that out, thanks. Full service starts after our date. :(
Price doesn't matter, its the last night before a week without my bed, I believe bunk beds are the accommodations @ The Obs, just want a clean room with a comfy bed. :) Cant wait!

What's not good in Jackson, Bill?

Brad
04-28-2008, 08:46 PM
BWB, for myself and other MWO members I just want to say thanks for volunteering.

Bill O
04-28-2008, 09:03 PM
It was actually The Village House in Jackson. They were under construction at the time, but everything appears to be in order now. Assuming they've put the place back together I'd stay there again.

KD Talbot
04-28-2008, 09:17 PM
We enjoy the Mount Madison Motel in Gorham. Good rates and some good restaurants nearby. It's about 8 miles to the base of the Auto Road.

http://www.mtmadisonmotel.com/

KDT